Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Haxdoor Virus

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:12 PM

Received this message from the Event viewer, Help and Support Center ;

his problem may occur if the computer is infected with a variant of the HaxDoor virus.

The HaxDoor virus creates a hidden process. Additionally, the virus hides files and registry
keys. The executable file name of the HaxDoor virus may vary, but the file name is frequently
Mszx23.exe. Many variants of this virus put a driver that is named Vdmt16.sys or Vdnt32.sys on
the computer. This driver is used to hide the virus process. The HaxDoor virus variants can
restore these files if you delete them.

I'm not sure this has infected my PC, but it does carry on like it might be the piece of dirt that is fouling my system.

Dirty Chickens !!

Can anyone tell me are there any reccomended Virus scanners that can find and destroy this ?

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users