Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Could I Have Conflict Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jersuha

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:10 PM

I use XP home OS. My sound card is old and was on my system when I had w98. It's an ATI inc. 3D Rage pro AGP 2x. I can't do somethings that I like to if the graphics are too modern. I went on line to see if there was an update for it. And was led to purchase and download Driver Doctor, which I did. It showed an driver update for that and I downloaded it, but a warning came up saying that they couldn't download it. After that my system was terribly slow. I removed the driver doctor, by going back to the restore point I had created before downloading it to my computer. About this time IE began hijacking my browser and directing it to it's sight so that I would upgrade from IE6 to IE7. I had done this before, but it messed up my computer and I had to uninstall. However, after being hijacked everytime I went on line, I decided to go ahead and update, thinking maybe in the year since I last used it, they had improved it. The same problem I had with the computer freezing up, began again, so I went back to the restore point, but it wouldn't let me go back to that point, about the same time I had purchased and downloaded a registry cleaner, which I don't remember the name of right now, and this immediately slowed my system still more, I also would be online a short time when suddenly every link I clicked on would open a file on my computer instead of the link. Sometimes I couldn't even get on the internet because the link on my desk top for connecting to the computer would sometimes also open folders instead. When this happens I can't shut down through the start program button,but have to do a control, alt, delete, and then hit the restart on the program to close down applications. That also takes special tenchniques to obtain. I have Ad-aware free and purchased on my computer, and it began to pick up trojan horses, malware, and some type of registry malware also. I would take them off, and although I had removed the registry cleaner, everytime I came back and ran the ad-aware, the same things were present. I then went online and found a program for getting rid of malware, which is Xoftspy, which I purchased and downloaded to my computer. I ran it and came up with all kinds of malware and spyware, and torjans, etc. that ad-aware was not catching. Now when I run the spyware it comes up with no infected files, but I still have the same problem with clicking on links. I can only be on line a short time, and then it starts to misbehave again. I changed from IE to Flock browser and that part at least is smoother, but the link situation is the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Edited by jersuha, 15 August 2008 - 07:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:32 PM

I recomend we move you to yhe Am I Infected forum and get you cleaned up once and for all
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users