Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet And Networking Problems

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 IMperson222

IMperson222

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:09 PM

Alright so here is my situation.

I have a computer sitting next to me that refuses to connect to the internet. It has a Dynex DX-E102 PCI network card, to which it is connect to my modem, and the standard motherboard connection which is running a line to this computer.

To make things clear:
Comp 1= host computer, connected to internet and sharing connection with comp 2
Comp 2= client computer, connected through comp 1

However, comp 1's personal internet is not working. Although both network connections are "Connected" (and I have repaired the connection numerous times, all without failure) the internet does not work. Internet explorer cannot load any page, and games as well cannot connect to the internet either.

I don't see why it wont work If i can connect comp 2 to the internet through comp 1.

As well (may be of interest), I cannot file share, or even connect both comps to each other. When trying to access MSHOME (the network) from comp 1, it tells me i do not have access. As well, comp 1 does not even show up on the network when I try to access it from comp 2.

Please help me figure this out as it is extremely frustrating. If an clarity or additional information is needed feel free to ask of course.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 IMperson222

IMperson222
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:41 PM

Anyone?

#3 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:03 PM

Hello IMperson222,

You could try http://www.networkmagic.com/

Have these systems been connected before?
Regards,

Alan.

#4 IMperson222

IMperson222
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:26 PM

I've connected comp 2 to my other home computer and they've been networked for about a year now.

Otherwise no, these two comps have never been networked before.

#5 IMperson222

IMperson222
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:34 PM

Just want to add, that my problem isn't exactly networking. Comp 1 cannot even connect to the internet by itself. Like I said.

#6 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:13 AM

How is PC1 connecting to the internet? also what firewalls have been installed on both systems?
Regards,

Alan.

#7 IMperson222

IMperson222
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2008 - 06:04 AM

PC 1 connects directly to my modem, and no firewall is on PC2. There is, however, one on PC1, however I shut it down after start up.

I have tried to connect with the firewall up as well. No dice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users