Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help Me Get Rid Of My Malware

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 youzer

youzer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:07 PM

Hello, Im new to this site. Im hoping someone can help me out. I was getting strange errors popping up (sorry, I dont have a screen shot and i cant remember the exact words) about some kind of "debugger" not responding.

so i brought up the task manager but i didnt know any of the things running. so I started googling every thing on the list. from these googol searches, I came upon this:
http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407 -it is a guide to removing malware. I downloaded a bunch of software: ccsetup210_slim.exe (this worked ok) then i deleted all my java stuff and updated it with jre-6u10-beta-windows-i586-p.exe. then i ran superAntiSpyware.exe and got a log. this program detected some malware. then i continued with spybot search and destroy.

this is where things started getting weird. this program detected many malicious things, but there was one thing it couldnt get rid of.

back in January, a friend told me to get spybot. I tried but i was duped by a fake one and i downloaded one called spywareBot. I thought I deleted it back in january, but i guess not because the real SpyBot detected it still on my machine. the one file SpyBot couldnt get rid of is a SpywareBot directory.

It said i had to reboot and asked if SpyBot could scan upon startup.. I said yes. but when it scanned the same message came up something like: "SpyBot has a problem and needs you to reboot. may we run a scan upon startup?" so i tried it again and the sameproblem happened again so I just exited spybot and went on with the instructions from the MajorGeeks forum.

next I ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. this detected many porblems, then suddenly crashed. when I tried to restart it, i got an error message saying that it was already running. I opened the task manager and ended it like that. when i tried again to open it, again an error message said it was laready running.

so I went on. next I used combofix. this seemed to go well. then I ran MGtools. I dont know what that did. but nothing visibly want wrong..

anyway, I still dont know why spybotsd and malwarebytes' anti-malware couldnt fix my problem. the MajorGeeks website says not to run the scans again. so I'm not sure what to do. I have Norton 360 installed on my computer (curently disabled while running these other programs) but norton doesnt detect the threats that spybotsd and malwarebytes' anti-malware found.

any advice would be greatly appreciated! thanks a lot :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users