Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Seem To Solve This

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 maineearle

maineearle

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:35 AM

Working with a helper from another site who was helpful but still havn't resolve the issue.
My daughter gave me a Sony laptop that she couldn't deal with anymore it is extreamly slow. With help from the last forum it seems to boot up quiokly but as starts bogging down after signing in. The cpu usage is always at 100%. There has not been any update on this computer for years, I'm in that process now but it been running now for about 14 hrs and looks like it going to run for quite some time. Yesterday I was able to load Spy Bot and found 34 infection that were cleaned. I did find in their start up list some items that I have doubts about. Also ran Panda Scan 2.0 and found 34 infected files an 492 supicious file showing c:\program files\temp infected with webserch but the computer shut down before I was able to save the log.
Start up folders:
Crypt32..dll
Cryptnet.dll
Csc.dll
and several Wlnotify.dll's with sub titles
sccertport
schedule
sclgntfy
senslogn
termsrv
wlballon
My daughter hasn't locate where she but the software for this unit. And there is alot of info that I would not want to lose by reformatting
Hope someone can help

Thanks in advance

Edited by Orange Blossom, 15 August 2008 - 10:11 PM.
Move to more appropriate forum. ~ OB

Thanks everyone

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users