Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

javascript - i cannot see it

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 yowza

yowza

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 19 April 2005 - 04:52 PM

hi i used ot be able ot see java script codes perfectly fine but i downloaded a few things from stardock for my pc and all of a sudden the java script isnt working i reset my security rules but its just not working i cant open pop ups and i cant see my own site nav what should i do ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,613 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 20 April 2005 - 11:40 PM

Install the sun java and see if that helps

#3 yowza

yowza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2005 - 05:23 AM

Hey grinler i have downloaded the new usn java but im still getting the same things happening here are the problems that im getting

when i try go on to the system restore it is just a white page a blank one that happens when i try to get on to it from any thing like my control pantel from my msconfig or from my programs list.

secondly my norton security does some up but the writing is like forced to the right in the middle bit

on webpages using IE some navigators are javascript and are fully out here are a few examples
www.habbari.com (click the greenlinks) and www.habbox.com when you click those navigators they are meant to expand but my pc just shows them already expanded and all the lists are big.

On mcafeee when it says i need an update i click ok and its just a blank webpage and on the actual control system on mcafee it is just blank and only has a few icons at the top but they dont work even when i try use them plz help i have downloaded the new java (sun java from java.com) and its working and its still the same

#4 yowza

yowza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2005 - 05:40 AM

hey i was browsing the BC forums in hijackthis section and found a site which helps with viruses and sees if the file has them and when i went on the site it said this

Warning: you seem to have javascript disabled. This is necessary for the display of results.

its just how do i enable javascript then i can see everything again??

i googled it and even when i try enabling it or disabling it then abling it it does not work is there anything else i can do?

Edited by yowza, 21 April 2005 - 05:57 AM.

#5 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2005 - 09:01 AM

I'm betting you have some kind of malware on your computer. Post a HiJack log and see what comes up.

You must be a real glutton for punishment if you are using McAfee and Norton too. Try disabling the Norton Sctript Blocking and see if that helps.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,613 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 21 April 2005 - 09:47 AM

It should be in the security tab of your internet explorer options.

#7 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,628 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2005 - 02:01 PM

I'm betting you have some kind of malware on your computer. Post a HiJack log and see what comes up.

That's been done and he's clean as far as HijackThis can see.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...topic=15703&hl=
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...topic=16316&hl=
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/do_...html#entry99167

Something is screwed up somewhere, but I can't tell from the information given.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/pro...html#entry99173
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/Ico...-tx15705-0.html

My opinion, yowza, is that you have made too many changes, i.e., you're adding too many applications too swiftly without seeing what affect they have on your system and how they interact with other applications and fiddling around with icons and folders, etc., it's really hard to backtrack to find out what's causing it. You could try repairing Internet Explorer or Windows, but I think you would be better off doing a reformat. Then slow down and think before you act.

However, someone that knows more about these things than I do may be able to help you out and I'll leave it to them. But you still need to slow down and communicate what the problems are exactly. Write out complete sentences and words and quit using that IM shorthand--it's like a foreign language to some of us.

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

#8 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2005 - 03:43 PM

After reading your various threads yowza, I agree with the others. With all your downloading of programs and changes you have done a little too much damage to your operating system. You need to think about what your doing a little more carefully before you load your computer up with programs that you don't anything about.

You mention an external hard drive. Back up your stuff to that and reinstall.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#9 yowza

yowza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2005 - 05:40 PM

lol yea thats just me i downloaded like everything from that stardock place cos i though it was rly gd id so much prefer (in a way) to do a reformat and start complety new cos u dont know how much stuf i have on here which is just stupid its like in the back files from thinngs ive done and i just wanna start new and be careful i mean id lose alot but id be ok i think cos i know wat i want n i want cursor xp and like window blinds n thats all but i know wat i want so i wont mess anything up now id just duno how id sort out my networking n stuff otr the internet lol :thumbsup: o well im gona try back everything up on that external hard drive its 40 gb and my comps only 30 so it should be ok n den put stuf form it if i forget stuf :flowers: thx though guys for ur help even thoguh we sorta got no where

#10 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2005 - 06:04 PM

Redownload Internet Explorer over itself.

#11 yowza

yowza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2005 - 08:15 PM

mnah cos its my computer i cant even get to system restore:(

#12 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2005 - 05:32 AM

Go to this page and scroll down to How to Repair Install. If that doesn't work you'll have to format. If you do that you'll need to get all the updates first thing.

Perhaps you should learn more about your computer and its operating system before you spend all your time on the extra programs.

#13 yowza

yowza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2005 - 05:14 PM

does it mean the system recovery disk? beacuse XP came with the computer and i dont have an XP disk also will the internet still work?

Edited by yowza, 23 April 2005 - 05:17 PM.

#14 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2005 - 05:24 PM

What kind of computer is this? Compaq? Dell? What is the model number?

#15 yto_daniel

yto_daniel

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2005 - 05:24 PM

Perhaps loading firefox (www.firefox.com) might be a better solution rather than reformating to fix a browser problem.

Daniel - YourTechOnline.com technician
danielr@no_spam_yourtechonline.com (remove no_spam_)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users