Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Limit on # of browser windows open

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mbracken

mbracken

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 19 April 2005 - 04:28 PM

I don't have a big problem, just a really annoying one. My computer limits the number of browser windows I can have open at one time......normally around six. Now some of you may think there's no need to have a ton of windows open at once but there are times where I'm looking and researching lots of different things at once and it's annoying when I have to close some windows so that I can open others. I've looked through different settings options but don't see anything that would help me.......I am a novice computer user. I don't believe I have any popup blocker software installed that would cause this. Please help if you can?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2005 - 04:47 PM

Which browser are you using?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Bear

Bear

• Members
  • 342 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:38 PM

Also what version of Windows do you have installed?
Posted Image

My System Specs

Comptia A+, Network + & MCP certified.

#4 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 19 April 2005 - 09:09 PM

And maybe look at how much RAM and free space on your hard drive you have?
Is there an error message when you try to open too many windows?

If the RAM and free space are not the problem, install Mozilla Firefox - its free and it will cohabit with Internet Explorer without any issues - and you can open dozens of windows using its tabbed browsing feature. :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#5 mbracken

mbracken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2005 - 10:17 PM

I'm using Windows 98SE and Internet Explorer 6.0.

128MB RAM - 57% free space

21GB Free Space on Hard Drive

No error message displayed......I just get a blank window that never does anything. I can keep opening other windows but they all just remain blank.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users