Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange multiplying ADS

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Disenfranchised

Disenfranchised

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 19 April 2005 - 04:27 PM

My computer performance took a nose dive. So I ran a Highjack this and quarantined a no name 02 BHO + an R1 that was suspicious (as it was on all the computers on my intranet.

Performance is back up but I find all types of image file .gif, .bmp, .jpg ECT developing duplicates with hidden data streams labeled Q30lsldxJoudresxAaaqpcawXc. I did download lads & Adsspy programs and If they can be made to find and remove these ADSs I couldn't figure it out. I spent 18 hours trying to eliminate them with with Highjackthis Adsspy tool all to no avail.

Both trendmicro & etrust scanners found a virus. :thumbsup: Anyone see the like of?

I'll drop some logs off at ht thingie but I feel like a dumbie (my wife won't let me talk to blondes).

PS I think this travels the net on pictures.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2005 - 04:44 PM

Using an EMail address in any public forum is not a good idea, since spambots regularly search for these so they can either send you SPAM or sell a "live" address to other spammers.
You should PM GRINLER with an alternatie member name.

Unless you are very knowledgeable, using a HJT log to make changes can cause serious problems with your operating system, so posting one to the right forum will allow our volunteer team of experts to help you.

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Disenfranchised

Disenfranchised
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2005 - 04:15 PM

I don't know if this adds overhead to my system (which I don't want) but the ADS are an infernal Windows Design ]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...;EN-US;q319300] Thanks :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users