Not a False Positive at all.
Definitely delete this thing. insthlp.dat basically will disguise itself as a legit ASUS MOBO file,
if you want to know the symptoms it causes later - I can tell you all about it as I've experienced them
1. Sucks up your CPU usage in Windows Normal Mode
2. Prevents you from running in Safe Mode effectively at all
3. In Safe Mode with Networking, will time out your DNS and ISP so you have no internet access
beyond 1 minute or so - I highly recommend putting http://www.pandasoftware.com/
as your homepage
Panda caught it as spyware.
This thing was buried so deep in my registry, you have no idea.
4. In Safe Mode when you do disable this file using Hijack this from running to associated seemingly legit
files - will actually ONLY then allow you to type RUN: REGEDIT
5. Otherwise, will stop your Keyboard from working (if USB connection) - use old skool key board to resolve.
6. Will stop your mouse and keyboard activity (wireless or USB Mouse/Keyboard) whenever.
7. When you search for the file insthlp.dat in regedit - will NOT show up - you need to look under ASUA and notice the extra folder it installs there and delete it.
My computer is running flawlessly ever since it was gone!
I am a tech/admin support person - whoever designed this bugger was smart, but not smart enough for me!
Also, if you type this into google, you will notice it points to a KNOWN spyware/trojan/adware designer page - put his URL in as a restricted site in your browser. He can time execute scripts when he wants without your knowledge.
Yes, I have all my Microsoft Windows Updates - YES I have all my anti-spyware up-to-date and run it regularly and YES I have Norton System Works 2006 installed and updated and run daily.
Another symptom of this bugger? It will shut down legit Firewalls (Zone Alarm) and Anti-Virus software (Norton) at will....
Whoever designed this should be shot with a ball of his own frozen poo.