Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ipaddresses

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 suzathome

suzathome

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 14 August 2008 - 07:51 PM

is it possible to identify an ip address thru a screen name? i am trying to determine whether two different ids are the same person.

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:11 PM

Hello suzathome and welcome to BC.

Could you provide a little more information on the situation?

Comparing the IP addresses with each other will tell you if the user has created another acount.
Regards,

Alan.

#3 suzathome

suzathome
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:36 AM

i get messages from two screen ids. i think they are the same person, but don't know how to be sure. if i could compare the ip addy for both, and they are the same, then i'll know. but i don't know how to find the ip........

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:45 AM

Different applictions have different methods of showing IPs, What application are you using?
Regards,

Alan.

#5 suzathome

suzathome
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:08 AM

i'm not sure what u mean by application...... i have windows xp, the emails are being received in a Yahoo game room.

#6 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2008 - 06:48 AM

I'm not sure this can be done in Yahoo game room, the best bet would be to contact Yahoo and explain the situation.

The problem is that it is all hosted by a third party as this is the case contacting the third party to enquire should be the only option.

Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users