Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking For The Comfiest Computer Chair

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 onlynow

onlynow

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 14 August 2008 - 04:55 PM

Can anyone help me find a computer chair that is extremely comfortable, flexible, with good back support?

I'm looking for something to buy either online or in store. Price range up to $1000.

TY

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 14 August 2008 - 05:25 PM

Can anyone help me find a computer chair that is extremely comfortable, flexible, with good back support?

I'm looking for something to buy either online or in store. Price range up to $1000.

TY

I found one, my computer chair may fit your requirements. :thumbsup:

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,765 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2008 - 07:21 PM

Herman Miller Aeron Chair designed by Don Chadwick and Bill Stumpf.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:45 PM

Posted Image
There is no justice, there is just us.

#5 thelittleduck

thelittleduck

• Members
  • 920 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:40 AM

That's some rough toilet paper Ronbo.

#6 dark messenger

dark messenger

• Members
  • 1,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:44 PM

THose chairs look almost alien like Animal, lol

#7 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 17 August 2008 - 04:18 PM

I find that trying the chairs out - sitting in them for a while in various positions and working the controls - is the best way to find out what is the most comfortable.

People are built differently. I tried out a chair that the owner swore was the most comfortable and adjustable, and I was in agony sitting in it. There was no way to adjust it to make it comfortable for me. Seat curvature makes a HUGE difference in comfort, and that is virtually unadjustable in any chair.

You might try your local office furniture/machine/supply stores and see what they have and try them out. Preferably a store with good on the floor customer service.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#8 jamesparker

jamesparker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:50 AM

I am new in this forum and I am making reply on old topic"The Comfiest Computer Chair" because I must understand for this topic.Hi folks, I wanna share something. I was looking for a cool looking office chair for my renovated home office, wanted something of a designer look. Went to Staples and bought Rialto Office Chair yesterday, it's awesome. Aluminum frame, mesh seat, really great quality at a reasonable price. I did not even know, but when I had it at home, a friend mentioned that the design is from the famous Charles Eames. I did not know Staples has such great product - it made my day and my new office!

#9 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:00 PM

Hi James and welcome to the forum!

Do you happen to have a link for the chair that you bought at Staples?
I am in the market for a new office chair and was unable to find the one you listed on the Staples website

Thanks!
In the beginning there was the command line.

#10 matthew180

matthew180

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:28 PM

Aeron. Been sitting in mine since 2000, sometimes for 14+ hours a day depending on the work load. No fatigue, no foam or fabric to wear out, very adjustable. They come in 3 sizes. I bought the largest, but wish I had gotten the medium. Still, best chair I have ever sat in. In 2000 it cost me $800, so that's only $80 a year, and the condition is still like new (keeping in mind that I *sit* in my chair and don't beat the piss out of it.) I don't know what they cost today, but the fact that HM is still making them is a testament to the product.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users