Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm Infectected And I'm Not Sure With What, Or Where To Start

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 tartinde920

tartinde920

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 14 August 2008 - 04:02 PM

I know I'm infected with something. I thought I had my spyware running when I started downloading and it wasn't. My issues in as close to a chronological order. I got infected, I think it started downloading more. After running spyware terminator as soon as I knew I was infected, it had issues with a running program and needed to restart the pc. Logging in failed, rebooted again and Icons on the desktop were missing, my background was changed to a red biohazard with some download anti-virus (that has gone away, so I don't know what it was exactly. My internet explorer home page was hijacked to a software redirect. Lost access to my hard drive, task manager,control panel, 1 dvd drive, and my program files from my start button. started getting error messages (sorry I don't have them,something like unable to find or access c:/documents, or unable to load abobe loader, memory is kinda fuzy) Typing started to become an issue, computer seemed to slow down so much can only type 1 or 2 letters a second or it's too fast for the computer and it skips letters (sorry for any misspellings I miss. sory frny msspellings I mis.)Ran spyware terminator again, found and removed more spyware, rebooted, more rebooting issue. Still had issues with the home page hijack, decided to try something different since spyware terminator didn't seem to be working. CCleaner was recomended. Ran that, seemed to clear a little up, it had it's own uninstaler if you couldn't get to control panel. started uninstalling programs I didn't use that I knew, and programs I wasn't familiar with (wasn't any window's programs so I thought it was safe.) 3/4 of the way through the list got a DCOM error window's shutting down. Rebooted, logged into my account and it freezes after it loads the background. I keep an user for company, loaded into that account. Typing still a huge issue and can't get at any of my programs on my account. I know spyware terminator is blocking a few things. Tried getting into main account through safe mode, couldn't remeber what key to press during which part of the start up to get into safe mode. I'm on a 2 or 3 year old Dell XPS (gen 3?) Windows xp home SP2? Thank you for your help.

Edit to add operating system

Edited by tartinde920, 14 August 2008 - 04:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,143 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:25 PM

Hopefully you can do these steps.
Run the 1st from normal and the next from safe mode.
First:
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
  • On the Scanner tab:
    • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
    • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
  • Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Reagardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

NEXT:
Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware , Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..
DO NOT run yet.
Open SUPER from icon and install and Update it
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining
Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.

Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)
Using the F8 Method
Restart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode.

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
Click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox or Opers browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program

NOW Scan with SUPER
Open from the desktop icon or the program Files list
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.
Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.

To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log.
A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
Click Close to exit the program.

Please ask any needed questions,post 2 logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 stullis

stullis

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:03 AM

Sounds like the same thing that is hitting my laptop.

I am unable to get anything downloaded, it redirects me and won't let me get close to anything
that might remove it.
I only had AVG loaded on the computer and it won't even allow that to run all the way through
or update it.

Any sugggestions?

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:33 AM

stullis,
If you have a problem you would like to discuss, please start your own topic.
This will help to avoid the confusion, of trying to help two or more people, in the same thread, with different problems.
Even if your problem is similar to the original poster's problem, the solution could be totally different due to different hardware, software, system requirements, etc....
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 tartinde920

tartinde920
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2008 - 07:26 AM

I was able to eventually get into safemode and use ccleaner to turn off what I think were two malware in startup. Spyware terminator is popping up almost every second about something being blocked. Had to rebot a half dozen times before I could finally download mbam.

I ran mbam, after the scan, when I click remove selected, I got a pop up

Regeit has been disawill affect the quaranteining process. Malarebytes 'Antimalwre will now reenable regedit OK

I click okay, get a little pause and then it gives m a status bar at the bottom. about 1/10 of the way into it the sytem crashes. I relogged in and reieved a message of the system recovering from a serious error pop up. I get directed somewhere with the error reporting but my page get's redirected to one of emalware companies. I reopened mbam, no log, so I re-ran it, got the same errors, removed selected , got the same pop up about regedit. Got to te status bar at the bottom about 1/10 of the way in and system crash again. When computer loaded back up just got a plain black screen with a frozen mouse pointer(locked up before it got to the log in screen.) Hard rebooted system, locked up same spot again.

Hard rebooted and f8 to safe mode, which loaded all black as well. Hard shutdown, waited 10 mins instead of 2 restarted again, tis time I wa able to log in. opened mbab to to make sure, still no log.

tried going on the internet, got some DNS errors, and system shut down (sorry didn't have time to write it all down before it shut down). Rebooted and started the cycle of locking up again, though it became locke up at black screen, the next time at log in screen, then locked up while loging in. then black screen again. went to bed (started getting to frustated to work correctly) Logged in again this morning, got the black screen again, then shut down, gave it a few minutes logged in and I was able to get far enough to post all this.

Don't have any logs yet, should I try mbabm in safe mode first, keeping trying it in reglar mode, or move on to the next step and come back to mbam?

When I load in I get a Windows cannont find error and a could not load for 4 different pieces 1: c:\documents 2: and 3: settings\user\application 4: data\adobe\manger.exe. next to my time (which changed to 24hr format) it says virus alert!

on a side note can you recommend or direct me to a thread that covers good anti-spy, anti-virus program and a bi-dirctional firewall? I thought the windows one was good enough. My anti-spy program just uses up so much that i shut it off half the time.

Edited by tartinde920, 16 August 2008 - 11:43 AM.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,143 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:52 AM

Try uninstalling and re installing MBAm,perhaps the install ws corrupted.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 tartinde920

tartinde920
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:38 PM

Computer crashed while mbam was wanting to reboot. so I ran it again, just to be sure.
results of first scan:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.24
Database version: 1059
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

8:15:02 PM 8/16/2008
mbam-log-8-16-2008 (20-15-02).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 47212
Time elapsed: 6 minute(s), 8 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 3
Registry Keys Infected: 42
Registry Values Infected: 9
Registry Data Items Infected: 14
Folders Infected: 1
Files Infected: 43

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkclkphe.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\jkkJcBqP.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vtUOfEWM.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{5624c1cd-904e-46c4-b0b3-f0c50c662f40} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{5624c1cd-904e-46c4-b0b3-f0c50c662f40} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{d056a228-9d79-4a03-a8fc-9b5dbe81a680} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{d056a228-9d79-4a03-a8fc-9b5dbe81a680} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{1dbd3f8d-abc8-4fba-9cdb-0fefa3c5af84} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{1dbd3f8d-abc8-4fba-9cdb-0fefa3c5af84} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\vtuofewm (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ctbr.r404pro (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{1cb20bf0-bbae-40a7-93f4-6435ff3d0411} (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{1cb20bf0-bbae-40a7-93f4-6435ff3d0411} (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{1cb20bf0-bbae-40a7-93f4-6435ff3d0411} (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{4b3803ea-5230-4dc3-a7fc-33638f3d3542} (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{4d25fb7a-8902-4291-960e-9ada051cfbbf} (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{e4e3e0f8-cd30-4380-8ce9-b96904bdefca} (Adware.PopCap) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{fe8a736f-4124-4d9c-b4b1-3b12381efabe} (Adware.PopCap) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{c9c5deaf-0a1f-4660-8279-9edfad6fefe1} (Adware.PopCap) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Code Store Database\Distribution Units\{df780f87-ff2b-4df8-92d0-73db16a1543a} (Adware.PopCap) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\VAV (Rogue.VistaAntivirus2008) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\tdssdata (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\tdss (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\tdssserv (Rootkit.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Trymedia Systems (Adware.Trymedia) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\rdfa (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS Juan (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\contim (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS Track System (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\FCOVM (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RemoveRP (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\webvideo (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{20e1148b-a9db-4678-82ab-e3e72b0f2959} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{4c6b1408-fc27-4864-9b5d-f70a93a789c4} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{892b88a3-dc94-4a1f-a75a-9aa50061a683} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{4e139533-3339-4a4b-93f0-55243d2a5dc2} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{51646aaa-c821-463d-b0ec-278a57b7fd4d} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{fd4ccf55-6cd6-4284-8d7e-e82b6f575e40} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{df6c9a95-cdd0-4efc-9c2a-b6ca365f7396} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{df6c9a95-cdd0-4efc-9c2a-b6ca365f7396} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VSPlugin (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\bgrqfetx.bolb (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\bgrqfetx.toolbar.1 (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\aoprndtws (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\The Weather Channel (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\a08aa2ef (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks\{1dbd3f8d-abc8-4fba-9cdb-0fefa3c5af84} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\URLSearchHooks\{1cb20bf0-bbae-40a7-93f4-6435ff3d0411} (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\{4b3803ea-5230-4dc3-a7fc-33638f3d3542} (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser\{4b3803ea-5230-4dc3-a7fc-33638f3d3542} (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser\{07aa283a-43d7-4cbe-a064-32a21112d94d} (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\run (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\{892b88a3-dc94-4a1f-a75a-9aa50061a683} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\BootStera (Rogue.WinAntivirus) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Notification Packages (Trojan.Vundo) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\jkkjcbqp -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Authentication Packages (Trojan.Vundo) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\jkkjcbqp -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProductId (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Bad: (VIRUS ALERT!) Good: (55277-OEM-0011903-00102) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International\sTimeFormat (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Bad: (HH:mm: VIRUS ALERT!) Good: (h:mm:ss tt) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowControlPanel (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowRun (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowSearch (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowHelp (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowMyDocs (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowMyComputer (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoStartMenuMorePrograms (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\StartMenuLogOff (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoDrives (Hijack.Drives) -> Bad: (12) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoSetFolders (Hijack.Explorer) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
C:\Program Files\VAV (Rogue.VistaAntivirus2008) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\PqBcJkkj.ini (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\PqBcJkkj.ini2 (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\jfosvq.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkclkphe.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ehpklckh.ini (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Crawler\ctbr.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\edlb.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\xokvrpwg.dll (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\kwjxuuic.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lmjghkhj.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mfcubldm.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mphybiir.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vscmkhtu.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\xxyayWOg.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\user\setup1.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\VAV\vav0.dat (Rogue.VistaAntivirus2008) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\VAV\vav1.dat (Rogue.VistaAntivirus2008) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\sex1.ico (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\sex2.ico (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mcrh.tmp (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vav.cpl (Rogue.VistaAntivirus2008) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\cookies.ini (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tdssadw.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tdssl.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tdssmain.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tdssinit.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tdsslog.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tdssservers.dat (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\tdssserv.sys (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\tfnslopk.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\lnvegaow.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\bgrqfetx.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\wnlmdakqlag.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\stera.job (Rogue.WinAntivirus) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\TmpRecentIcons\Vista Antivirus 2008.lnk (Rogue.Link) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\Spyware&Malware Protection.url (Rogue.Link) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\Privacy Protector.url (Rogue.Link) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\Error Cleaner.url (Rogue.Link) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Favorites\Error Cleaner.url (Rogue.Link) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Favorites\Privacy Protector.url (Rogue.Link) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Favorites\Spyware&Malware Protection.url (Rogue.Link) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Results of Second Scan:

8:37:30 PM 8/16/2008
mbam-log-8-16-2008 (20-37-30).txt

Objects scanned: 47048
Time elapsed: 6 minute(s), 11 second(s)

Memory Modules Infected: 2
Registry Keys Infected: 6
Registry Values Infected: 1
Registry Data Items Infected: 2
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 3

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{57e45d6f-e94b-4085-a3b5-2f52eeede96b} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{57e45d6f-e94b-4085-a3b5-2f52eeede96b} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{1dbd3f8d-abc8-4fba-9cdb-0fefa3c5af84} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{1dbd3f8d-abc8-4fba-9cdb-0fefa3c5af84} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\vtuofewm (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RemoveRP (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks\{1dbd3f8d-abc8-4fba-9cdb-0fefa3c5af84} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Notification Packages (Trojan.Vundo) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\jkkjcbqp -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Authentication Packages (Trojan.Vundo) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\jkkjcbqp -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\PqBcJkkj.ini (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Results of Superscan:

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 08/16/2008 at 11:21 PM

Application Version : 4.15.1000

Core Rules Database Version : 3538
Trace Rules Database Version: 1527

Scan type : Complete Scan
Total Scan Time : 02:27:41

Memory items scanned : 163
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 5189
Registry threats detected : 6
File items scanned : 75365
File threats detected : 4

Browser Hijacker.Internet Explorer Zone Hijack
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\contentmatch.net
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\contentmatch.net\ny
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\contentmatch.net\ny#http
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\contentmatch.net\ny#https

Trojan.NewDotNet
HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\New.net
HKU\S-1-5-18\Software\New.net

Adware.Vundo Variant/Rel
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AYBEG.BAK1
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AYBEG.INI
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\QTSTV.BAK1
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\QTSTV.INI2

Computer is running sweet, it's been a while since it's run this fast, Thank you, I got back most everything that went MIA and the only stuff that is still missing I never used so I don't know what it was, or if there was even anything there.

So did we get everything? is there anything else I need to do?

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,569 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:55 AM

Your last MBAM log indicates some files will be deleted on reboot. If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you need to restart the computer so the malware can be fully removed. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. If you have not rebooted, make sure you do this. When done, rescan again with MBAM and check all items found for removal. Then click the Logs tab and copy/paste the contents of the new report in your next reply. If you did reboot, then rescan again anyway and post a new log.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#9 tartinde920

tartinde920
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:03 AM

Result of new mbam scan

9:19:57 AM 8/17/2008
mbam-log-8-17-2008 (09-19-57).txt

Objects scanned: 42467
Time elapsed: 6 minute(s), 1 second(s)

Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Computer was restarted before and after run.
Computer now runs a chkdsk at every boot/restart. Some programs are also corrupted now.

#10 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,569 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:40 AM

Your log is clean. That's a good sign.

Check Disk - Disk Checking Runs Upon Boot.
Also see MS Article ID: 316506 Chkdsk Runs Each Time That You Start Your Computer.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users