Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Speedfan Vs Coretemp

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 andrei.chester

andrei.chester

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 14 August 2008 - 12:43 PM

Hi
I have installed this softwares to find out my processor's temperature and this is what they are showing
Posted Image
It's obvious I think that "CPU" temperature showed in SpeedFan isn't the CPU's temperature, it's something else. Do you know what component's temperature is?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:46 AM

Hi andrei

Welcome to BleepingComputer.

What makes you think that the temp is not that of the CPU? While 56ēC is maybe not ideal, it is not excessively hot. (Perhaps you were not aware that computer temps are globally measured in deg Celsius).

Excessive dust on the inside of the case and on heatsinks and fans can cause heat buildup which will reduce the life of electronic components. It is recommended to clean these up yearly

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/cleaning-the-inside-of-your-pc/.

Let us know how you go.

Cheers

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#3 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 16 August 2008 - 06:30 AM

I agree with Rob, I've found the majority of systems I have messed with with those sorts of temperatures. A quick clean of the heatsink and they dropped around 10 degrees.
Regards,

Alan.

#4 andrei.chester

andrei.chester
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:51 AM

Thanks for your posts, but if you look at what temperature is showing Coretemp for CPU you will see why I'm saying that Speedfan's "CPU" must be the temperature for another component.

#5 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2008 - 03:44 PM

That is strange, I would use http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php to see if there are differences.
Regards,

Alan.

#6 andrei.chester

andrei.chester
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:25 PM

I have installed Hardware Monitor and I saw that "CPUTIN" temperature is the same witht "CPU" from Speedfan. Now I don't know what is CPUTIN :thumbsup:

#7 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:40 PM

CPUTIN is just another sensor on the motherboard from what I can remember. If two tools are confirming one temperature, then it is most likely the actual temperature.
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users