Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help, Set Connection Speed Problem?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yrhc@eht

yrhc@eht

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:31 AM

I have a housemate who always download a lot of things and make my connection has slowed down. can i set a maximum connection speed for him without he knowing and not in his laptop (example in my laptop or modem)? we are using d-link modem by wireless.
please help me, i have suffered in this problem 1month already. T.T

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stu G

Stu G

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:50 PM

There may be Bandwidth throttling Via the set-up page via browser for the d-link router. As i have not used d-link refer to your user guide to find the IP and login details for the D-link setup page. The IP is normally the Default Gateway. Guide will be available on the d-link site. Bandwidth throttling allows you to set a max figure kbps to a certain NAT IP(your housemate Ip). Sorry I can not give any more details at this point.
Stu G
Ada95,Java,C ANSI,C++,C♯,ASP.NET,JavaFX!

#3 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:14 PM

Hi

I have quite a few computers running through my account on a D-Link RTA1025W wireless modem/router and insist that each user runs BITMETER II to keep track of their own use, and anyone who goes over their limit picks up the excess charges. If it is your account, lay down the rules and if they refuse to comply then cut them off. I use access control to only allow MAC addresses that I know.

I am not aware of any B/W throttling capability on mine.

When we had dialup, we had an agreed time schedule that meant everyone had a fair crack.

Cheers

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users