Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Analyze Hijackthis Log

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Wonderlv

Wonderlv

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 14 August 2008 - 05:35 AM

Just in the past two weeks or less I have had a few incidents my laptop just locks up, hard drive unecessary usgae at 50 or higher. I have frequent your site many times looking for startup advice and what is right for startups. I use TrendSecure 24/7 and quite frankly I am left wondering if they are keeping me safe with all that has been happening. This morning I downloaded Trends HijackThis. I had it analyze a log and I would like for your team to analyze what it says. I already see somethings in the log I don't like:

1) C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
2) O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
3) O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

From what I have read about startup commands these items need to be killed out but I will let you make that detemination. I have trusted your advice before on things and you didn't fell me.

One more thing I have seen these:
1) avc.exe at 50% usage, I use Xilisoft PSP DVD 5 Converter (Google searches results say it is a malware, but I really wonder> What is your thought?)
2) _CLS_SessionAgents locked up my laptop yesterday (task manager Process says it is not a system related but something through me maybe that I have installed a program that used it it did something naughty to my laptop. Whatever not sure, help me out here!
3) two days ago out of the skyblue when my laptop didn't respond to something it I sent an error report to Microsoft it came back imediately telling me my laptop was infected with "spooldr.sys" a spy malware and that I should use there scanner to remove it. I scanned it with TrendSecure and found no file, I did a search through windows search and found no file. What is your thought to that? I really don't believe everything that is posted out there that sites are say do this do that. I am not a sheep, like a lot of people in this world today that don't think for themselve.

Hurry soon lookng for advice and if you want me to post the HijackThis log so you can analyze it.

Vaquero

Edited by Orange Blossom, 14 August 2008 - 03:17 PM.
Move to more appropriate forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users