Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Always Stuck On Logging Off When Logging Off, Restarting And Shutting Down

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 master131

master131

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:19 AM

Ever since I caught the Xp AntiVirus 2008 randomly on startup and have removed it, MBAm prompted to remove something on boot so I clicked yes. Then my computer was stuck On Logging Off.. for a really long time so I had to hold my power button because I didn't have a restart button. Then everything was normal except when I typed my password and pressed enter, my computer was loading my personal settings longer than usual. Then I came to my desktop with no icons and no startbar. All I could see was my desktop. So I went onto Task Manager and clicked New Task then explorer. Is there a way to fix those two problems pernamently? (I have checked the registry for Shell and made sure it said explorer.exe but it already did!?!?!)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,555 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:34 AM

Have you done a good check for malware?

Typically, there are system issues after infected users think they have "removed" the malware. The malware may be gone, but some residual system effects may remain.

Just to be safe...and to get advice/suggestions from those who normally deal with malware situations and the aftermath...I suggest posting at BleepingComputer.com - Am I infected What do I do - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

If you've already done such, it helps to know that.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users