Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connect To Computer In Diffrent Location

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 silver187666

silver187666

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:17 PM

is there a way to connect a computer over the internet, i have a compuer at my moms house and one at my dads, i want to be able to connect them togather so i can get my music and stuff off one while im spending the summer at my dads, any ways or ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stu G

Stu G

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:01 PM

Yes Remote Connections. If it is XP to XP/2000 can use Remote Web Connection. Only use Internet Explorer for that option not firefox(ActiveX issue). Remote connections do require some configuration and setup. If it is Vista to Vista , then Vista Ultimate only works as basic and premium do not allow a server , without tricky setup. The Web Guide is here

Web Remote Connection .

Other option is to use 3rd Party software. Popular choice is Real VNC however this can take some good knowledge of networks for proper setup. There are some good setup guide out there search google.
Stu G
Ada95,Java,C ANSI,C++,C♯,ASP.NET,JavaFX!

#3 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:35 PM

Hi Silver, welcome to BC.

Take a look at installing TEAMVIEWER on both machines. This is a great remote connector and the best, fastest, and simplest one I have come across.

http://www.teamviewer.com/index.aspx?split=B

Cheers

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users