Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojanonline Trojan On My Computer?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Cherubs

Cherubs

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 13 August 2008 - 06:35 PM

Hi there,

I'm hoping someone can help me and decided I'd better get professional help and not go about it myself as I did this last week and ended up deleting the trojan along with important system information files at the same time.
I reloaded Windows again from the CD, the option was to upgrade so I clicked that one and now everything is running again smoothly, before that I couldn't even do a system restore.
Anyway I know there is still something not quite right. Computer is running fine though. But every now and then a small screen flashes up, but its in the blink of an eyelid, its so fast you dont even get to see it but it quickly goes down into the start menu.
I run Windows XP and have NOD32 smart security. I also have AVG Anti Spysare and in the quarantine there is a trojan that says Trojan.OnLineGames.asbd and also another one. I will take a screen shot.
I also have Malwarebytes, will take a screen shot of that too.
Hope I have done the right thing here in explaining...

Posted Image

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:23 PM

OK, now do this please. Open Mbytes again . Check for an update ,rescan and now .....
When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.

Your PC also had a Backdoor trojan,Backdoor.Sdbot
This Trojan allows for its author to control a computer by using Internet Relay Chat (IRC). The Trojan can update itself by checking for newer versions on the Internet.

Your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of Trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Even though the infection has been identified and quarantined all financial,password and account numbers that were stored on this PC should be considered stolen.

When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall?

We will help you clean this PC but that would be a decision you have to make and there is no promise of future security without the format. Let us know how you wish to proceed.

Edited by boopme, 13 August 2008 - 10:40 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users