Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

The Village

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 30 July 2004 - 12:22 PM

I am a big fan of M. Night Shamalan and was wondering who was going to see his new movie the Village this weekend. Supposed to be good and 3 twist's!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,542 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2004 - 12:15 AM

I am waiting for the reviews.

What else has M. Night Shamalan done?

#3 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 31 July 2004 - 12:21 AM

He did the sixth sense, Unbreakable, Signs, and now the village. I am also waiting for Ebert's reviews tonight. I am still going to see it becasue it looks dang good!

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,542 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 31 July 2004 - 12:25 AM

Ahh I like all of those movies. Interesting. I will check it out

#5 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2004 - 07:08 AM

Now the movie sighns was a hollywood flunk! Not scary at all. Maybe a scare here and there because of the sudden pop outs of the aliens but other that that it was no good. LOL I dont plan on seeing it in the theateres maybe on dvd or vhs at home.Another flunk was Ghostship. Not scary enough but def. real enough. Yes lets wait on the review. ALWAYS do this before you spend 20.00 at a theater and then walk out saying why did i go see that movie. LOL
CGM3

#6 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 02 August 2004 - 11:22 PM

My review of The Village..
Now if you go see it keep an open mind!! It has a few twists but it does not rank with the sixth sense or signs its ranks More with unbreakable. Now M Night is an excellent director and tell the story of what ifs! and what wold you do. OK with that said again its was a great movie if you keep an open mind through the whole movie, its a story and you have to follow it! You might jump once or twice, Well heck I cant say much else without ruining it lol! It's a good movie go see it. But if your expecting the sixth sense or signs you will be disappointed!!!

#7 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 02 August 2004 - 11:24 PM

Cowsgonemadd?? Signs was garbage? Man it was great. Had a great story line was brilliantly directed!! It was slow for a reason! Remember that!

#8 chiefmasterjedi

chiefmasterjedi

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 01:24 AM

I saw the village the other night, not as scary as the trailers make you believe, but all the same a very good movie :thumbsup:

#9 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 08:44 AM

Ok i see but i like those movies where there slow then you actually get scared!

#10 alexgtp

alexgtp

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 11:08 AM

I think aunbreakable and singns was garbage.
^th sense that was a great movie. nice twist even thought you figured it out in the first 30 minutes..

I heard The Village was super duper lame. And not worth the time. I even have the spoiler.. :-)!!

#11 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 11:14 AM

Unbreakble was great. You have to wacth his movies with an open mind, again there slow for a reason. Signs was great he is best at being simple.I loved this film. I think Shyamalan is brilliant and The Village confirms it. A lot of people missed the point of Unbreakable as well, and the fact is this man is a storyteller. He chooses fabulous means by which to relate the simplistic stories of centuries past: What would you do to protect your family? What can you do when your motivation is true love? What can you overcome, your biggest fears in life, when truly called upon to overcome them? Shyamalan asks all of these and answers some of them, leaving the rest up to you...what do you take with you when you leave the movie theatre, well, I suppose it depends greatly on what you carried in with you.

#12 Bulldog

Bulldog

• Members
  • 394 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2004 - 11:19 AM

Most of M. Night's movies come from the dreams he has had. He has said when he has a dream and wakes up and says wow that would make a good movie, he does just that. One movie that wasn't mentioned was Wide Awake and also he has appeared in every movie he has directed except for Wide Awake

It has been stated some of his movies are based on life experiences, actually his lifes experiences. One of his favorite child hood places was a hidden lake and he almost drowned there. Hence the movie Unbreakable where the only thing that could defeat the character was WATER!!!

M. Night is one of the better directors of or time. Of the movies he has done were any of them a box office flop. No. Maybe a flop in someone's personal opinion but not by the masses.
bulldogsmall6ma.jpg

"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abe Lincoln

#13 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2004 - 11:23 AM

Well all ideahs have to come from somewhere!!

#14 Mr Gibberish

Mr Gibberish

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:48 PM

The Village is one of my all-time favourite movies. I should watch it again some time.

Signature.

#15 Galvatron84

Galvatron84

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

Call me crazy, but I enjoyed The Village much more than Signs and The Sixth Sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users