Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Issue Not Sure How To Fix

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 WiR3D

WiR3D

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:05 AM

I have a computer at one of my locations that is apparently shutting down on its own while the person is in the middle of doing things. I checked the error log and all I could find was "The BrSplService service has reported an invalid current state 0." I researched this a little bit but I couldnt find to much on this issue.. I ran chkdsk on the computer but that was 2 weeks ago when I was at that location for a short period of time. I also checked the bios clock and that shows the same time that the clock in windows displays so Im not sure of why this issue is happening. I may just format the computer but I would rather find a solution to fix this issue before I do that. If anyone can help me with finding a permanent fix to the solution that would be great.

Error:

The BrSplService service has reported an invalid current state 0.

The time service has not been able to synchronize the system time for 49152 seconds because none of the time providers has been able to provide a usable time stamp. The system clock is unsynchronized.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:31 AM

Do you have a Brother printer installed?

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,014 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:31 AM

Hi WiR3D, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

BrSplService is the spooling service for Brother printers. Have you looked in the Device Manager to see if there are any errors or warning showing?

Edited by dc3, 13 August 2008 - 10:33 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 WiR3D

WiR3D
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:04 PM

Yes there is a Brother printer installed.. also there seems to be a time sync issue which is the second issue.. Not sure why the brother would be messing up I will try updating the drivers for it to see if that fixes the issue.

I changed the sync on the time clock from time.windows.com to time.nist.gov. Hopefully this will fix the rebooting issue. The computer actually rebooted on me while i was in the middle of looking up an error that i found...

Error:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0xc0000006, 0xc6d84d8d, 0xf53f3bb8, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini081308-01.dmp.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Edited by WiR3D, 13 August 2008 - 12:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users