Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Making Manual Backup For Windows Xp

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 skizmo

skizmo

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:50 AM

Hi
I am planning to add another os and before I do I want to make a backup of programs etc. In accessories I have an area to make a backup but unable to get it to work. For it asked for a pathway for the files to be copied and I was stumped. What do I do?

Is another program to copy the files and programs on to CD?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:00 AM

Hello skizmo,

There are many backup solutions available to try and use, I prefer using an external hard drive to copy files over. others use CDs and CD creation suite such as deepburner or cdxp. Others create an image of the drive using imaging software like http://www.clonezilla.org/
Regards,

Alan.

#3 skizmo

skizmo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:27 AM

Hi
I am planning to add another os and before I do I want to make a backup of programs etc. In accessories I have an area to make a backup but unable to get it to work. For it asked for a pathway for the files to be copied and I was stumped. What do I do?

Is another program to copy the files and programs on to CD?

I am planning to download Ubuntu, by linux operating system. It is not as user friendly as windows but safer. Wanted to back up windows file on cds. Have manufactures backup disk but is so basic.

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 13 August 2008 - 01:20 PM

Linux is a very powerfull OS, I have used it to recover files of an unbootable drive. When you download Ubuntu, on the CD there is an installer called wubi which does all the hard work. And if you don't like Ubuntu it can be removed in the add/remove programs in the windows control panel.
Regards,

Alan.

#5 cpuguy

cpuguy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:40 PM

Hello skizmo

I am not sure if you are aware of this but if you select start then select run and type NT backup, your free preinstalled backup utility and select advanced mode and you should be good to go.

your friend cpuguy

Edited by usasma, 14 August 2008 - 07:38 AM.
Removed commercial link

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users