Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft .net Framework

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rlprlp

rlprlp

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:24 AM

I have XP Home SP3. I don't know what ".NET Framework" even is, but I noticed that there are multiple entries regarding it in my Add or Remove Programs list. They are:

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB298366)
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 1
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5

I am wondering if these are kind of like new Java updates, where the newer versions don't remove older versions first. Should I uninstall some of these, or just leave them alone?

Thank you to all who take the time to reply.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:33 AM

These are add-ons for certain types of programs. They need to be installed for some games / programs to run. It basically is details of a coding language used to make applications. They will do no harm and I would advise to leave them.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users