Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internal Card Readers Not Reading New Cards

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 luie620

luie620

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:46 PM

Today I purchased two 2gb SD cards from SanDisk. A few hours later I tried to use them with internal card readers in both my desktop and laptop. For some crazy reason the desktop's drive reads for about a minute and gives an error saying to insert the card. Then I tried in my laptop, which is running Vista, and it gave me an I/O device error. I thought how strange since the card readers read my older Dane-Elec 1gb card and a micro SD adapter from Motorola.

Now its definitely not the new cards because both cards are being picked up by both my camera and printer. It's just a pain to have to plug in my camera or turn on my printer just to upload the files from the cards.

I'm just curious, could there be an issue between the hardware and brand of card?

My desktop is a Sony Vaio VGC-RA820G running XP.
Laptop is also a Sony Vaio VGN-FZ180E running Vista.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dr_Manhattan

Dr_Manhattan

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:38 PM

Could be a compatibility for sure. The SD card isn't defective since it works well with your camera and printer.

#3 luie620

luie620
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:17 PM

Don't you think its a bit odd since an SD card reader is supposed to read SD cards no matter what brand? Well then again computing is full of compatibility issues!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users