Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox 3

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kelkay

kelkay

• Members
  • 292 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:22 PM

:thumbsup: I have Firefox 2.0.0.16 and I would like to upgrade to Firefox 3.0 but when I hit check for updates, it says I am already updated. I wonder if I can get the newer version, or is it just so many allowed at a time to download this version 3?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:29 PM

Hello kelkay,

You can download the latest firefox from http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/
Regards,

Alan.

#3 Thelastleap

Thelastleap

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:22 PM

You can uninstall the old one and get the new one but that would mess up your favorites and stuff.

#4 mommabear

mommabear

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:40 PM

The bookmarks from FF2 can be exported to a saved file and imported into FF3. This can be done through the "Organize Bookmarks".

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:45 PM

Actually, the bookmarks and personal preferences are stored in a separate profile file. You can therefore use add/delete in the control panel to delete the older version and the profile remains to populate Firefox3 when you install it. You can, however, export bookmarks as a precaution.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 kelkay

kelkay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 292 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:58 PM

Thanks I have the Firefox 3 now installed, and love it. It kept my previous bookmarks with no problems at all. So far I love it. I like the look, and it is hopefully even more secure of a browser. This is one heck of a browser, and easier to use to me than IE.

Edited by kelkay, 12 August 2008 - 06:59 PM.

#7 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:00 PM

FF3 is indeed a great browser, I have tested quite a few browsers and I found in my opinion that Opera was the closest rival.
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users