Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virtumonde Hijackthis Log

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 phaiel

phaiel

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 12 August 2008 - 03:03 PM

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 3:47:32 PM, on 8/12/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\WLKeeper.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\NICCONFIGSVC.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\BFU\BFU.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = www.google.com/ig/dell?hl=en&client=dell-usuk&channel=us
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://osu.edu/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dell.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,Default_Page_URL = www.google.com/ig/dell?hl=en&client=dell-usuk&channel=us
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpybotSnD] "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /autocheck
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [84d3ac8b] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\lcrdksai.dll",b
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BM87e09f17] Rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\pyhrvmym.dll",s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: DSBrokerService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\DellSupport\brkrsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Event Log (EvtEng) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: NICCONFIGSVC - Dell Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\NICCONFIGSVC.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Registry Service (RegSrvc) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Service (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless SSO Service (WLANKEEPER) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\WLKeeper.exe

--
End of file - 4426 bytes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 htv8

htv8

• Members
  • 1,694 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 13 August 2008 - 04:28 PM

Hello phaiel, and welcome to BleepingComputer.com! I will be handling your log to help you get cleaned up.

Please take note of the following:
  • I will start working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.
  • The process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine is clean. Just because a symptom disappears does not mean your system is clean.
  • Please set aside enough time to complete all the steps in each post and follow the instructions in the order stated.
  • Please don't run any extra scans or fix programs not requested by me as it could change the results in the reports I request.
  • If there's anything that you don't understand, stop and ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes.
  • If you have circumstances that you are aware of that will delay your response, then please let me know. This is to ensure that your topic remains open and I don't close it to start a new post.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
Reviewing your log(s) requires an amount of research, so please be patient. Thanks.

Before we begin, you should save these instructions in Notepad to your Desktop, or print them, for easy reference and to make sure you don't get lost.
Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order in which they are mentioned below and do not miss any steps out. If at any point you have questions, or are unsure of the instructions, do not hesitate to post here and ask for clarification before proceeding with the fixes.

Step #1: ComboFix
We need to run ComboFix.
  • Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool: How to use ComboFix.
  • Please ensure you read this guide carefully and install the Recovery Console first.
    • The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.
    Once installed, you should see a blue screen prompt that says: The Recovery Console was successfully installed.
  • Please continue as follows:
    • VERY IMPORTANT: Close/Disable all running antivirus, antimalware and firewall programs as they may interfere with the proper running of ComboFix.
      ** Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. NOTE: The list is not all-inclusive. If yours is not listed and you do not know how to disable it, please ask. **
    • Click Yes to allow ComboFix to continue scanning for malware.
      NOTE: ** Do not mouseclick ComboFix's window whilst it's running. That may cause your system to hang! **
    • When finished, ComboFix shall produce a log for you; post the entire contents of that report in your next reply for further review, and so we may continue cleansing the system.

GENERAL WARNING: Do NOT use Combofix unless you have been instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is a powerful tool intended by its creator to be used under the guidance and supervision of an expert, not for private use. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your Operating System such as preventing it from ever starting again. Please read ComboFix's Disclaimer.

Step #2: HijackThis - rename & scan
We need to rename HijackThis as malware occasionally hides itself from it:
  • Using My Computer or Windows Explorer (Windows KEY + E), go to the folder where the HijackThis.exe resides (C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis).
  • Right-click on the HijackThis.exe file and select the Rename option from the right-click menu.
  • Rename HijackThis.exe to fluffybunny.exe and press Enter.
Now that HijackThis is renamed, double-click fluffybunny.exe to run HijackThis and make a fresh log. Post the newly created HijackThis log in your next reply.

So in your next reply, please include the entire contents of:
  • C:\ComboFix.txt
  • the new HijackThis log
NOTE: Use several posts if necessary to include everything in the requested logs.
If I have not posted back within 24 hours, feel free to send me a PM with your topic link.

Posted Image

#3 htv8

htv8

• Members
  • 1,694 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:46 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.
If you need this topic reopened, PM a staff member with the address of this thread. This applies to the original topic starter only. Everyone else with similar problems, please start a new topic.
If I have not posted back within 24 hours, feel free to send me a PM with your topic link.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users