Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hijacker.agent.arv Infection

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 harsiya

harsiya

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:24 PM

Hi !
i am harsiya. I have problem with my computer. I use AVG antispyware. Few days back while scanning i realised my computer is infected with Trojan spywares. So i read one of your articles and ran combofix. I suppose all the spywares were removed after that. Now when i scan i get this spyware named Hijacker.Agent.arv. Even after deleting it so many times it comes back again. I need to get rid of this spyware. There is one more problem. Few months back i had downloaded spyware destroy and search program from internet. But it was of not much use so i deleted some of its files. But it has not got deleted from my computer. Now when i try to uninstalled it from control panel or by any other way. It gives me message "C:\Program files\Spybot - search & destroy\unins000.dat does not exist". Cannot uninstall. So i want to remove this program from my computer. How do i do that ?. I will really grateful if its done. Waiting for your reply. Thank you

Edited by harsiya, 12 August 2008 - 01:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Galadriel

Galadriel

Bleepin Elf

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,753 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:42 PM

You should try reinstalling it over the top and then uninstalling it through Add/Remove Programs. When removing installed programs, always use the control panel, unless there's no entry. Sometimes installed programs also have an uninstall link in the Start menu - All Programs section. Either method works.
I cemna prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. - Galadriel
'The avatar is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air.'

Phear teh ceiling cat, for he is roofkittehd! - Basement Cat

I'm a Bleeping Folder, are you? - Join BC in the fight against diseases - Click here
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 harsiya

harsiya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 28 August 2008 - 12:43 PM

Thanks Gladriel for your reply, but i didnt got any information about Hijacker.agent.arv spyware. Once again while scanning i got one more sypware called Trojan.onlinegames.arxy. I deleted it. So right now i get spywares like Tracking cookie Tribalfusion, Tracking cookie ad.yieldmanager, TrackingCookie.2o7 etc which are not so harmful like Trojan spyware. I really want to know how to get rid of these tracking cookies and what protection measures i should to take to protect my computer from them ? Thanks once again.

#4 Galadriel

Galadriel

Bleepin Elf

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,753 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:26 PM

There are several ways to limit the amount of tracking cookies you accept while browsing. What cuts it down the most is using Spyware Blaster.

Good tutorial on setting it up.

Another good method is to limit the cookies you accept in your browser. If you use IE, you can do this by going to Internet Options in the Tools menu.
Under the Privacy tab, click on Advanced.
Check the Override automatic cookie handling option.
Allow or Prompt on first party cookies, (allow is ok, prompt will likely drive you nuts.)
Deny/Block Third Party cookies (mostly ads)
Allow session cookies and you should be set. Apply your way out of the screen and restart IE for the changes to take effect.

If you feel you are infected, you can use a different scanner to double check, sort of like a second opinion if you will.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
  • On the Scanner tab:
    • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
    • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
  • Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Reagardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
I cemna prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. - Galadriel
'The avatar is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air.'

Phear teh ceiling cat, for he is roofkittehd! - Basement Cat

I'm a Bleeping Folder, are you? - Join BC in the fight against diseases - Click here
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users