Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Open Microsoft Outlook

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 george31

george31

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:06 PM

Hi there,

My wife is having problems with her laptop - she was trying to send an email with microsoft outlook but the laptop almost froze, the email ddid not send and outlook closed down. She has not been able to open outlook ever since - it comes up with an error report and has to close.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:12 PM

In order to help you we need the full error report.
Is it one of those Encountered a problem and needs to close, send don't send errors?
I'm not sure if that can be copied and pasted but you should be able to view the report and write down any info.

Another option is to uninstall and reinstall Outlook. She may loose her mail and address book with this option.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 12 August 2008 - 04:18 PM.

#3 george31

george31
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 13 August 2008 - 02:52 AM

Hi There

I've just opened Outlook to view the error report - and a new message has appeared:

"outlook experienced a serious error last time the add-in C:program files\mcafee\virusscan\virusscan enterprise\scanotlk.dll was opened. would you like to disable this add-in?

I clicked okay - outlook opened, but durig the "loading" stage the following error apeared:
"Microsoft oulook has encountered a problem and needs to close"

Then is then an option to view the error report - but it is many pages long with no facility to copy the text.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users