Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rogue Email

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nighthawk2

nighthawk2

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:24 AM

I have a persistant email that keeps popping up in my inbox. I have tried deleting it, filing it in a folder, putting it in junk mail, right clicking it and trying the various fixes there, and it just keeps popping up. Any ideas out there? Thanks, Russ

[Moderator edit: moved post to more appropriate forum and added Topic Description. jgw]

Edited by jgweed, 12 August 2008 - 09:17 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:18 AM

Are you performing these actions on a client on your computer, or are you doing it on a web server?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:37 AM

If you primarily use an email client, a corrupt header could be the reason why you are experiencing this issue. You will need to go to your mail webmail page, delete the message from the inbox. Next delete it from your deleted items folder.

Close out webmail, open the client. The problem should be resolved.

If you check mail by webmail, I have no clue what the solution is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users