Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstalling Antivirus Software (help)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CompletelyRandom

CompletelyRandom

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:04 AM

Erm I use Trend Micro PC-Cillin and I have 2 versions or something,
I have the Trend Micro Internet Security and Trend Micro Internet Security 2007 or soemthing like that
I tried to uninstall the first one and now when i turn my computer on, it says this application
has failed to initialize or it has initialised in a weird way and it has been terminated
but I uninstalled it so I dunno whether or not i should uninstall the 2007 version or what?
What do I do now?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trashcan7

trashcan7

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:15 PM

Does the Internet Security 2007 still start up fine?
It might be that the first one did not completely clean up during the uninstallation, and so there is something that tries to open it, but the files are gone.
If that's the case, you could always try to delete this startup entry by going to Run>msconfig>tools, and look for it. (be careful not to delete anything critical. Try researching each one if you are not sure which one it is) Spybot S&D also has a tool to look a tthe startup items that's a lot easier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users