Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Securing Ftp Unix And Server 2003

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bleepingnetwork

bleepingnetwork

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:23 AM

I have a Windows 2003 network that has a UNIX SOLARIS FTP Host that points to a directory on a Calerra array. Currently the setup requires no authentication to access the files in this directory. I need to add some authentication to this by any means necessary by this Friday (I.E. Login). I am looking for a quick fix, a user name and password solution of whatever type. If needed I can get rid of the UNIX host for a different solution but I feel like a blind man walking into needle factory on this one. The FTP site is a production system so it can only be down for a minimal amount of time. Are there any quick fixes to this that anyone can think of, windows or UNIX that anyone wouldn't mind walking me through?

Edited by bleepingnetwork, 12 August 2008 - 04:02 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bleepingnetwork

bleepingnetwork
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:39 AM

RandomUser told me about "PUTTY" which is a Terminal emulator which looks like exactly what I need.... THANKS RANDOMUSER!!! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users