Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

None Of My Media Players Work

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 crazyfool619

crazyfool619

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:24 AM

Today I went to update my iPod. I clicked on one of the songs in the library and the song did not play. It stayed at zero. I dragged the playtime to, 40 seconds for example, and still nothing.

Later on I went to play some music with Windows Media PLayer and I get the error message

Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct

I downloaded Winamp to see if I'd get the same story with another player. Clicked on a song, and it responded the same way as iTunes did. No error message, no music.

EDIT: nevermind i fixed it. Did some further researching on the nets. And my problem was similar to others. It started after I downloaded an older version of AIM. Others had downloaded AIM 6.0. The version I downloaded was much older. I'll post the solution for those who may have encountered this problem as well.

Took from the site:

I HAVE THE ANSWER. after searching a while I found a fix that acutally worked
You go to : Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Sound and then something should pop up saying certain enhancements are interfering with something Terminate the program? Click yes and your problem should be solved

and BAM. Fixed. Silly AOL Instant Messenger.

Edited by crazyfool619, 12 August 2008 - 01:33 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users