Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Configuration

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fire_poi

fire_poi

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:47 PM

Turned on my computer and got the error

Wireless Configuration

Incorrect MFC DII versions installed on the system, minimum requirement is MFC SP4 DII

changed my wireless connection to be managed by windows but keep getting the error.

Windows XP Pro
Dell Latitude D600

Can i uninstall the Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility without losing my wireless network

Have reinstalled the driver from Dell's website.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jhsmurray

jhsmurray

• Members
  • 383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:49 AM

Is it possible that DII is really DLL?

If so, you could try sfc /scannow.

Edit: important post regarding SFC.

Edited by jhsmurray, 12 August 2008 - 03:02 AM.

Acer Aspire 5732z
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon, 2200 MHz
RAM: 3 GB
Display: Mobile Intel GMA 4500M

#3 fire_poi

fire_poi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:24 PM

it might be DLL

i did the scannow - the black box comes up and then nothing

I did a virus scan yesterday and had a trojan horse - which seemed to get rid of it - but now is back. Doing another system scan to see if that does anything

#4 fire_poi

fire_poi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:07 PM

computer started restarting on its own. Restarted in Safe Mode and did AVG scan that is allowed in safe mode - didn't seem to do anything. Did a scan with housecall and it found a file - so ran WINDOWSXP - B936021-x86-eng which is what was recommended. Computer now does startup but cannot do anything when i go into my computer - it just closes the window.

#5 fire_poi

fire_poi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2008 - 01:20 PM

did a system restore - seemed to fix all the problems - was able to get into folders. Did a AVG scan it didn't find anything. Did an automatic update from Windows - restarted - all the problems returned. Did a scan with AVG - didn't find anything. Reinstalled my Dell Wireless. Everything seems to work better if I have the wireless network turned off - but need (only have wireless at home). Any suggestions?

#6 fire_poi

fire_poi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:48 PM

working good for the last week or so - now getting the original error message again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users