Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ati Capture Software Issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 IowaGuy

IowaGuy

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 11 August 2008 - 08:26 PM

Everytime i turn on the ATI tv program, a few seconds after starting, i get this error message: "ATIMMC.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvience." If I ignore it, it still seems to work and record just fine. (cept the audio is to loud, but that has always been an issue) I am just wondering if anyone has any ideas of how to fix this. I had the issue years ago but cant recall how I fixed it.

I have an ATI video card (video out) and an ATI capture card (video in).
Running Windows XP SP2

Thanks

Edited by IowaGuy, 11 August 2008 - 08:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,866 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:24 PM

Specifics, please.

What card (model) do you have?

I have an ATI AIW 9600 and a AIW 7500...I also have a PCI ATI capture card.

What TV program are you referrring to? What program are you using to capture?

The MMC is the utility for consolidating the various functions of the ATI card: capture, etc. If that's screwed up, chances are that your captures are not being done properly.

The general cure I use for problems with ATI cards: Uninstall everything that smacks of ATI...then reinstall the card, using the drivers CD which came with the card. I do not update the drivers, since those are generally made for the newer cards and I just want drivers which work.

I worked in Iowa (Marshalltown and Davenport) for 4 years :thumbsup:.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 11 August 2008 - 09:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users