Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Worst O.S.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 kingofantivirus1999

kingofantivirus1999

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:37 PM

name a pc OS you hate and tell why.
:thumbsup:
to start : DOS
why:you have to type a million words
just for a lame game.
now lets go!

Edited by boopme, 14 January 2011 - 09:01 PM.
Fixed Title

megamans words of wisdom: the power of viruses is strong and now i am and you can be too!! "mega man.exe"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lakaya

Lakaya

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 11 August 2008 - 02:24 PM

DOS! whadda you mean DOS? I liked DOS. it was computer language in its purest. and if you screwed it up it was easy to reverse the problem. but then again I loved my 3.1 and I do miss dos. the one pet peeve (other than OS2Warp and you really dont have time for me to go there) is Windows Vista. Hate it, hate it, hate it. Did I mention that I hate it? When you buy software...its yours, you own it, cuz yur money bought it. Vista acts like you borrowed the software and now lets pay for registration every so often. I buy, I register, I consider myself done at that point. and then theres the endless nag screens. guess I shouldnt complain, Vista has been good for business with every one wanting me to come by and "fix this". and when you say "what OS?" they say "well I just got Vista" and your entire reaction is "Ohhhh ok" but I will be hanging on to and revamping my xp until it is no longer possible for me to do so. less personal grief that way. anyone else?

was this a good topic or what, I will be watching the responses.

#3 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:22 PM

I think that Vista was a shocking os and probably not ready when Microsoft released it. The service pack has changed that view now so I'm going to say...

Newly released Vista!!

It was like MS hadn't even tested it!!
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

#4 MattV

MattV

• Members
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:37 AM

For games (and everything else, for that matter) Vista is King of the Sucks Hill. I have many games that I paid good money for that won't run under Vista. With XP I could run nearly all of my old DOS games, even, with a minimum of tinkering. Games that ran under Win 95 or 98 would certainly run under XP.

If Vista decides it doesn't want to run a game, no amount of tinkering will help - it just won't run it. Box it up and put it in your next yard sale. I have been given no end of advice on how to get Neverwinter Nights Diamond to run under Vista and the advice has all been worthless.

I guess no one at M$ is familiar with the concept of downward compatibility. Or, more likely, M$ just doesn't care.

Edited by MattV, 12 August 2008 - 06:39 AM.

#5 kingofantivirus1999

kingofantivirus1999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:29 AM

i know vista is bad
windows vista the wow starts now!!!
no it should be:
window vista the hate starts now
!!

megamans words of wisdom: the power of viruses is strong and now i am and you can be too!! "mega man.exe"

#6 bailey2007player

bailey2007player

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:51 AM

you want to know...

windows ME was horrible even Windows Vista is better than ME

#7 PutzyJim

PutzyJim

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:53 PM

I have to disagree, Vista is just as bad as ME, maybe worse with its "security". A friend of mine told me last week that her son gave her his Vista machine to use and he took her XP cause it was slow. She had been having trouble with Vista and I tried to help her to get it running better (yeah I know..impossible) and I told her (off the top of my head) Vista is nothing more than Windows ME with a twisted thong up its @$$ crack...she laughed and I did also after thinking about what I had just said...lol

Windows ME was rushed to completion because the public wanted a new OS and Vista was the attempt to make a more secure OS, well, they did it, no one could really use it..lol

Starting with Windows 3.1, MS made a good everyother OS (except Win 2000, that was made mainly for IT's, doesnt count toward personal use). I absolutely love my Win7, they are working on Win8 right now, think I'll get Win 9 tho... :hysterical:

Anyway, that friend had someone build her "something" to use right now, well, the moron put XP on a 10GB HDD as NTFS, yeah, not a typo...10 GB HDD. I'm like, well, THERES the problem!

So, lol, I would have to say (In a nutshell), Vista, at least you could reboot ME to get rid of the BSOD...lol

#8 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:03 PM

Microsoft BOB
It wasnt really an OS but it was a REALLY BAD product!

If you know what Microsoft BOB is you are dating yourself!
In the beginning there was the command line.

#9 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:40 PM

I've never understood the backlash that Vista has.
I run win2000, WinXp and Vista and am comfortable with them all.
I do have an ME disc which has never been out of the packaging.... might try that for a laugh one day.
Vista was a big jump from Xp .... but it had to happen one day.
If i look at what i've run.... win95, win98, win2000, winxp and vista.... they were all good at the time.
I only look back and think one was better..... but that's progress.

BBPP6nz.png

#10 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:11 PM

Just about anything with the words windows or microsoft in it. . .

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#11 Blaze413

Blaze413

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:50 PM

lol i just love how more than half the posts are all VISTA SUCKS!!!! (not saying im disagreeing cough cough lol)

#12 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:28 PM

Commodore BASIC.
Back in my day we didn't have no stinkin os.
I came up in the 80's and to play a game we put a disk that looked like this:
Posted Image
into a computer that looked like this:
Posted Image
and typed something really contrived and hard for someone in kindergarten to recall like this:

OPEN 3,8,4,"0:GERTRUDE,S,W"

good times...pass the Geritol!

Edited by thrillhouse, 18 January 2011 - 10:28 PM.

#13 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:17 AM

^ROFL^

I had the worst experience with Microsoft ME. Very unstable and I had the most BSOD.
Vista is tied though, with how sucky it really is, I just had less problems with it.
==]--s1lents0ul-->

#14 Parangtha

Parangtha

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:45 AM

I'm on the banwagon with saying vista, but I'll step it up and say any post-vista ms os with the reason Lakaya gave "Vista acts like you borrowed the software..." That and their attempt to make things more "User friendly" has made it so that the ones who have to help the idiots who break the system (in my case: ie. me + my dad) say "Well, in XP I knew where [insert option here] was. It doesn't seem to be here on this one." Or being asked two or three times if I was sure that I wanted to open a file or program, say yes, then get denied and have to navigate back to where the file or program was located and re-run/open explicitly as an administrator.

#15 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:32 PM

You know, a game like this, is of course, a sort lived game. theres only so many Oses on the market, and almost all the answers have been microsoft. hmmmmmmmm

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users