Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bsod?help Guys?!?!?!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 christian121

christian121

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:57 AM

Yeah guys recently whenever I boot up my Windows XP PC I get the BSOD.It only flashes for a second and then gives me 5 options.Safe Mode,Safe mode with Networking,restart normally yada yada.I unchecked automatically restart from start up in safe mode and got down the the BSOD numbers.
STOP:0x0000007e C0x0000005,0xF77EC756,0xF79D7430,0xF79D712c
Also in event viewer I noticed 2 errors would happen very specifically when I boot up.
In Application it's this
The COM+ Event system detected a bad return code during its internal processing .HRESULT was 8007043C from line 44 of f:\xpsp3\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemmobj.cpp.Please contact Microsoft blah blah blah.
In system it's
The following bootstart or system-start drivers failed to load.
Aavmker4
aswsP
Fips
Processor
prodrv04
prodvr06
SASDIFSV
SASKUTIL

So any assistance here?Since this has been happening all my system restore points have disapeared.And I mean GONE.I can't go back months and my system hasn't been making any new one's in normal mode(as so far I am aware).And yes I am 100% system restore was turned ON.Not off.At first I thought system restore was gone because I only had 1.8 GB of HDD space left.After discovering that too might have been causing my problem(not going into normal mode) I deleted some excess and whoila I had 20 GB's free(with defrag)!My problem was still there though :inlove: I have a Compaq system(processor whatever) and I talked to their technicians online and after explaining my problem to them they basically told me I was ****** and had to do a system recovery.What REALLY **** though :cool: is that I had this problem before.2 years ago in fact.In that time I had also talked to some "experts" online via the magic of yahoo messenger( :trumpet: to this day I don't know what came over me) and guess what they told me?That I was ****** and there was no hope.Well guess what fixed it that time?And this is what REALLY REALLY REALLY ***** :).SYSTEM RESTORE!!!!!!!!!!!But oh noes!I have none!!!!!!!!!!! :flowers:
Is there any hope?I would also like if you guys stayed in touch with me with this.This one is a bleep(didn't write bleep in the censors did) sucker for sure :thumbsup:
Also RIP Issac Hayes.Great artist(yeah I know he was a musician I mean the general term)

*Mod edit - and the Moderator removed the rest of th foul language. Watch your language!
rigel - BC Moderator

Edited by rigel, 11 August 2008 - 01:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,370 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2008 - 02:03 AM

Have you tried to do the Last Known Good Configuration?

Start the computer and then press the F8 key when Windows begins to start. The Windows Advanced Options menu appears.

Use the ARROW keys to select Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked), and then press ENTER.

If a boot menu appears, use the ARROW keys to select Microsoft Windows XP, and then press ENTER. Windows XP restores the computer to the most recent restore point.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/h...re/restore.mspx

do you eat with that mouth?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 christian121

christian121
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:00 PM

Yeah last good configuration doesn't work.It just restarts the whole process.

Mod Edit: Edited to remove unnecessary quote. ~tg

Edited by tg1911, 13 August 2008 - 08:22 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,411 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 11 August 2008 - 02:16 PM

Done any malware checks yet?

Louis

#5 christian121

christian121
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:24 PM

Of course!I'm 100% clean!

Edited by tg1911, 13 August 2008 - 08:23 PM.

#6 christian121

christian121
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:59 PM

Well?Any help?

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,411 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:12 PM

If one of my systems...had the problems that your system seems to have...I would simply assume that it's malware or a botched system badly in need of a clean install.

That's probably not what you want to hear, but it's the way I view things.

Louis

#8 christian121

christian121
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:25 PM

So there's no hope,so magical registry tweak that will solve my problem?No way to get system restore back?

If there is no hope,will the clean install/system recovery destroy my files or programs?Will I have to reinstall all my programs and get back all my files?

#9 christian121

christian121
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:32 PM

If one of my systems...had the problems that your system seems to have...I would simply assume that it's malware or a botched system badly in need of a clean install.

That's probably not what you want to hear, but it's the way I view things.

Louis

Also will debugger help in any way?
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/153371/preventing-and-fixing-bsods/
And again is there no hope?The guy above me had hope and he got it.

#10 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:36 PM

Based on your response here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=910013
I don't think that you'd want my help as I'm probably one of the ***holes that you referred to.

No need to reply as I've placed you on my Ignored Users list
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,411 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:03 PM

I don't deal in "hope", I just try to tell you the way I see things. I don't claim to anything other than someone trying to share information that might help someone avoid thinking erroneously.

You know...in some cases, that statement you made about whose hands your system might be in...is absolutely true.

Especially so, when the owners of said systems...act as you have.

Your system...and its problems...are an owner responsibility, always has been, always will be.

If you want paid, guaranteed "service", you probably need to visit a local computer shop...where, chances are...the shop personnel will tell you just what you've been told here at this forum for free.

If you doubt that, I suggest that you try it, please.

Louis

#12 christian121

christian121
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2008 - 10:55 PM

Oh,sorry I didn't mean to offend.When I posted that message(which beautifully got deleted) I was referring that many people posting their problems on here were expecting a quick response to their problems,considering how important their computers were.And as you can see we don't get quick responses(NOT a comment about you or usasma,it's a comment on the general community).The ***holes I were talking about were the hundred or so people who just looked at my question and others and didn't post anything.Regardless whether they knew anything or not.Now do you understand?And hopefully you can tell usa this as I am now on his ignored list.

Mod Edit: Edited to remove unnecessary quote & double post. ~tg

Edited by tg1911, 13 August 2008 - 08:25 PM.

#13 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,411 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:30 AM

I understand what you are saying...but I think that you need to understand the forum (any forum) for what it is.

It's basically a place where people can exchange ideas, viewpoints, experiences.

It's not a "quick, easy fix computer repair repair site." Although many fixes to systems do result as the result of interaction here, it's the ATTEMPT to help which is all that is guaranteed...and these attempts do not come with strings attached, as so many users seem to want (e.g., can you save my data when the user has consistently to even consider the possibility of routinely backing up the system).

If you understand the nature of what it is...there is no need to take umbrage at anyone who views a thread and makes no input. That's perfectly valid. There is no reason to take offense if no one responds to your post, particularly if that post is written poorly, contains inflammatory or insulting phrases, omits basic information that would be useful about the system and the problem, etc.

Lastly, there is no reason to ask for assistance...and then toss whatever comments that might have been rendered in the spirit of offering assistance...toss such away because they don't meet your personal wants or agenda. If you take your car to a repair shop...and they tell you that you need to change the fan belt because one of them is fraying...I hope that you don't ignore that advice just because it may involve an outlay for a replacement fan belt.

Most of the people who offer advice...usually have reasons for stating what they state. Some persons offer the benefits of their personal experiences, whether those are limited or highly varying, to others who visit the forum. Respect those comments and opinions for what they are. Respect those persons who are afraid to make a comment or offer an opinion...because they don't want to be accosted by someone like you in a public forum.

The forum is an easy place to gain a lot of knowledge...free of cost, involving only an investment of personal time. If you can remember that and treat the forum as such...rather than treating it as if everyone who visits the forum is here merely to answer your questions, cranky comments, and otherwise amuse you...you will probably find it a much more beneficial experience.

USASMA is a man with his own opinions, many of which may be similar to mine. If you really wish to communicate with him, send him a personal message. A better message, IMO, would be evidence of a changed attitude/presence on your part in the forum.

Louis

#14 christian121

christian121
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2008 - 01:27 PM

So what basic information was omitted?

Edited by tg1911, 13 August 2008 - 08:26 PM.

#15 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,411 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:07 PM

This is my last response to your series of queries.

You and a number of other posters...would be better served if you bothered to read one of the first posted links for this forum. It would (IMO) save a lot of time and frustration...both for the person seeking assistance and those who would like to try to assist.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/18366/before-you-post-about-a-problem/

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users