Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Limitted or no Connectivity

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dvyain

Dvyain

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 18 April 2005 - 09:53 PM

In my sys tray it shows a standard XP Network logo with an exclaimation. When I click it says I have limitted or no connectivity. I've tried to e-net cards, same situation. Repair only says "your Ip cannot be renewed". Tangentally the XP updates for "VIA Rhine II fast ethernet adapter" (my onboard enet) won't install correctly. ANyhelp is much appreciated. Thanks

=] Devin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2005 - 10:08 PM

Sounds like it may be a problem with your ISP.

Are you using dial-up or broadband?

If broadband, call your ISP and they will walk you through the process to reestablish your IP.

Your ethernet adapter is probably what you use to connect to a cable or dsl modem therefore if the drivers won't install your connection will malfunction.

Try deleting it with the device manager and rebooting, letting Windows reinstall it.

#3 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 18 April 2005 - 10:59 PM

Tangentally the XP updates for "VIA Rhine II fast ethernet adapter" (my onboard enet) won't install correctly.

This is a Microsoft problem, I think. The fix for it is to update the driver manually. I've done a bunch of 'em and it works. Once you get back online, go to Windows Updates and let it scan, then pick hardware updates from the left side of the window, and you should see the ethernet adapter in there. Just download and install it and the looping problem should go away.

#4 Dvyain

Dvyain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2005 - 12:05 AM

thanks a bunch guys, I'll post back with results here in a few

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users