Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Java And Java Runtime

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 not_anyone

not_anyone

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:05 AM

I was uninstalling programs that are no longer needed . On the Java I have Java ™ 6 update 7 which I was posted on the forums as the latest one, so I removed the rest. Then I came across these and am not sure if I need this or not.They are:
J2SE Runtime enviroment 5.0 update 11
Java 2 runtime enviroment SE 1.4.2.03
Java ™ SE runtime enviroment 6 update 1
Java ™ SE runtime enviroment 6

Another question when you down load a program and save after you install it the exe file is where you saved it. Can I delete it after I install the program?
Thanks,
Not anyone :flowers: :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 not_anyone

not_anyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:38 AM

now I feel like a total idot

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 12 August 2008 - 10:06 AM

now I feel like a total idot

I hope not just because someone didn't respond to your topic. Some times topics slip between the cracks, it just happens, there's nothing about the topic that has caused this, it just happens. :thumbsup:

Yes you can uninstall the older versions, and yes, after you have installed the new software you can delete the executable, I like to save these in My Documents and on a CD in case the file needs to be replaced for what ever reason.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 not_anyone

not_anyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2008 - 03:52 PM

Thanks dc3 everyone has always been really helpful here I come here everyday and just read. Just one more question can you explain the difference with java and java runtime I am having hard time understanding them.
Thanks
not anyone

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:12 PM

Take a look, http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

I say "ca-rib-bee-an", you say "care-a-bee-ann" is the way it looks to me.

It's rather amazing the misinformation that others have of this concept, always good to go straight to the horse's mouth.

Louis

#6 Pytheas

Pytheas

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:04 PM

Just an added thought. There is a program that you may install which examines all the Java in your system and makes recommendations for your consideration with the reasons. I think it is call JavaRa.Might be worth looking into.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users