Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Worm.lover.a Found On Ie7 Not Working

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 phil2008

phil2008

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 10 August 2008 - 07:34 AM

Please move if in wrong area.

I did a daily scan using AVG anti-spyware and this worm was found, I am unable to find any info on this. The worm was put in quarantine and has now been deleted. It was found in winsxs.

I restarted my pc as I was told to do after the scan, when I clicked on the ie7 logo I was told that 'iexplore' that the shortcut it refers to has been removed or deleted and when I click on the icon on the start menu it says "application not found".

I'm doing another scan now and my pc seems clean, but maybe components of IE7 have been deleted...

can anyone help, I'm using Vista btw.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tami

Tami

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:04 AM

I keep watching this topic because I have the same problem. Although, I am able to load IE7, each time I do I get the AVG warning that worm.lover.a is found. I 'clean and quarantine' and reboot and still get the warning.

Hope someone replies to you soon.

#3 phil2008

phil2008
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:24 AM

Yeah so do I!

My avg says it's gone which is good, but it's just a pain ie7 isn't working.

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:36 AM

Hi Tami,

If you have a problem you would like to discuss or need to resolve, please start your own topic.

This will help to avoid the confusion, of trying to help two or more people, in the same thread, with different problems.
Even if your problem is similar to the original poster's problem, the solution could be totally different due to different hardware, software, system requirements, etc....
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#5 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:36 AM

Hi there, the same thing happened to me today. Later on I just happened to go to windows update and was presented with 1 update IE 7, which I previously had. All seems to be OK now. it may be worth a try! :thumbsup:
I think its a false positive.

Edited by The weatherman, 10 August 2008 - 11:00 AM.

#6 phil2008

phil2008
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2008 - 11:25 AM

Yes I think it is a false positive, a fix has just been released, I also downloaded service pack 1 and my ie7 is now working fine.

Just scanning my system again and all looks good.

#7 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 10 August 2008 - 06:46 PM

Yes I think it is a false positive, a fix has just been released, I also downloaded service pack 1 and my ie7 is now working fine.

Just scanning my system again and all looks good.

:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users