Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removing apps.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 30 July 2004 - 09:01 AM

A couple of ques. One how do I remove Quicktime from my control panel? And how do I remove all traces of Incredimail from my computer? When I try to remove Incredimail after searching for it, Im told that it may not be a good idea that deleting it could mess w/ other stuff. I run Windows ME If this is in wrong forum , please move me. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,717 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2004 - 12:31 PM

Double-click on the add/remove programs icon in your control panel and uninstall the application through there.

#3 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 30 July 2004 - 12:34 PM

ALot of the apps will say that but it is safe to remove them! Is it you dont want quicktime? Or just dont want it to start up on ummm startup? If thats the case go to start..run...msconfig...under startup tab uncheck quicktime. Although it will come back eventually(it has its ways) there is another way through services but let us know what it is you exactly want to do!

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2004 - 01:26 PM

Quicktime shows in the box that opens when I click to open Control Panel, you know the list of settings. With add/remove hardware , add/remove programs etc. It has its own listing. Can it be removed? Ive already uninstalled it and removed from startup. Ive uninstalled Incredimail also but it shows when I do a search for files and folders. I had goten download happy when I installed Incredimail. There is a lot of stuff leftover. Can I remove the Incredimail folder and will it remove all of it including all the stationary and stuff I had in it? Ive already removed some of it piece by piece. But that is a chore. And I think that both Incredimail and Quicktime both still show in my registery. I had Winshampoo but it never helped me to remove them from registery. Ill leave them alone in registery if it is unsafe to remove them. Thanks again for all of your help!

Edited by scarlett, 31 July 2004 - 01:30 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 31 July 2004 - 01:47 PM

alot of programs will leave traces behind. Do a search for them again and delete what the search find's. It is ok to delete them! And if you dont know what your doing in the registry leave it alone :thumbsup:

#6 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2004 - 01:33 PM

Ok I searched and deleted all I found of Quicktime and Incredimail. I would still love to delete all reg. keys for them both. And there is a lot!! What is the next step? Do I need to create a backup? Have read tuturial. Does anyone know if removing these keys will screw things up? And Quicktime sure does keep coming back in startup. :thumbsup: What is that other way through services? :flowers: So sorry I took so long to answer. Whenever Im in B.C. I get sidetracked a million diff. ways.
Posted Image

#7 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 13 August 2004 - 01:48 PM

msconfig qtask.

Or control panel performance and maitnece. admin tools..services! It will be in there click it to disable not to auto or manual just disable!

#8 pondering

pondering

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2004 - 07:09 PM

If you have Spyware Blaster, you can go into tools and disable flash. If you ever wanted it you could just enable it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users