Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Would This Work...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ph7ryan

ph7ryan

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 09 August 2008 - 05:14 PM

THEORETICALLY ;-)...
If I wanted to quad boot my system with OSX, Vista, XP, and Ubuntu....
Could I:
1.Run Gparted, and patition the hard drive
2.Then run Apple setup, and after it is intstalled run rEFIt and install it as my boot manager
3.Then install XP
4.Then install Vista
5.Then install Ubuntu....

I ask this because rEFIt is really easy to run in OSX as opposed to Windows or Linux, so if I booted it in OSX, would I still be able to add the other os's in it easily

THANKS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TVT

TVT

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:19 PM

Theoretically, yes. The best way would to do it in a tower with 4 separate hdds, but from the sound of it, you dont have that option. I remember reading about several people who triple booted their system and that there was a certain way it had to be done. I cant remember how that was, though.
Posted Image

#3 ph7ryan

ph7ryan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 10 August 2008 - 05:10 PM

Theoretically, yes. The best way would to do it in a tower with 4 separate hdds, but from the sound of it, you dont have that option. I remember reading about several people who triple booted their system and that there was a certain way it had to be done. I cant remember how that was, though.

Well I have a manual, but it wants me to run SUSE linux because it has a EFI service built in, but I really like the visual appearance of rEFIt, and I wan to use Ubuntu linux....

And ya, I am only 15, and I have a limited budget on what I am allowed to spend on my pc :thumbsup: , so I just bought a 160 GB from Tiger Direct for $50, and I have significant amount of space for each os (40 GB for OSX, Vista, and Ubuntu, and 20 for XP)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users