Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bicycle bill

bicycle bill

• Banned
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 09 August 2008 - 04:29 PM

OK. I need some help on this one. My HP Photosmart 3180 All in one has gone crazy. It has a mind of it's own. I just installed a new black cartridge and now everytime I turn on the printer it prints a test page using my expensive ink up prematurely not to mention the wait while it struggles to complete aforementioned task.

I have Googled and found more than one individual with the same problem but with no solution. Just thought perhaps one of you may have this printer and can shed some light on the problem.

I uninstalled the printer and reinstalled but that changed nothing. I removed the cartridge and put it back thinking that might be a solution but no.

I ran the test at the HP site for driver updates and was told I have the latest driver.

I unplugged the USB cable for ten minutes and then plugged it back in still no change.

Every time I turn the printer on it insists on printing a test page chugging along for seems like a long time.

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 M...

M...

• Members
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 09 August 2008 - 05:09 PM

Hello bicycle bill,

The problem you describe reminded me of a recent thread here at Bleeping Computer about a similar problem.
The last post in that thread contains a link to what HP has to say about the problem:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=880576

#3 bicycle bill

bicycle bill
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 09 August 2008 - 05:51 PM

Hello bicycle bill,

The problem you describe reminded me of a recent thread here at Bleeping Computer about a similar problem.
The last post in that thread contains a link to what HP has to say about the problem:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=880576

Well that individual didn't say he got rid of the problem either. I just removed the black cartridge and reinstalled it and then removed an empty color cartridge that has been in there for months and now the printer does not print a test page every time I turn it on. It does however present me with blinking lights complaining that it can't find the color cartridge. That's ok the printer prints now and I don't have to put up with that fool test page printing needlessly.
Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users