Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Agp Video Card Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jolt8me

jolt8me

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 09 August 2008 - 03:46 PM

I have a dell dimension 8200
1.7 mhz pentium 4 with a gig of ram, 2x/4x agp port with a geoforce2 mx 64mb's.
I am looking to upgrade the video card. Since this is the last upgrade I dont want anything too fancy (i.e. expensive) and basically anything i put is going to be better then my old video card. I want to stay with nvidia based cards if I can.
which one of these cards would be best for my system? I dont know much about video cards or video card companies. Basically all of these fall into my price range. If you can think of anything better let me know. Thank you.

XFX GeForce 6200 512MB
BIOSTAR V6802XA16 GeForce 6800XT 128MB
SAPPHIRE 100175L Radeon X1650PRO 512MB 128-bit GDDR2
Diablotek GeForce 6600 GT (256 MB)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 09 August 2008 - 04:01 PM

Welcome to bleepingcomputer!

I would go with the X1650 pro. That is far by the best card. The 6800XT is the next best, but if that's the 128mb, 64-bit version, it is much slower.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users