Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motherboard

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stupidkid37

stupidkid37

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 09 August 2008 - 01:59 PM

Hi
this is my first post on bleeping, so go easy on me. anyway i am planning on building a computer on a tight budget for light gaming. i have two questions...
one: is this a good motherboard?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813135083
and two: is this a cool case?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811192061

please give me some feedback, im looking to stay as low as possible price wise, and im not doing anything crazy.
i thought that if i get that motherboard i can expand a lot later, with up to 32 gigs of memory supported and whatnot.
thanks in advance!!! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 09 August 2008 - 02:54 PM

Welcome to bleepingcomputer!

The features of the motherboard seem nice. The only thing is ECS usually makes cheap motherboards, hence the price. I've heard many people complain about how they don't work properly, or are dead on arrival. If you're really looking for a cheap motherboard, you can try it out if you want though. Newegg has a very good return policy :thumbsup: . I wouldn't be so impressed with 32gb of ram total anyway. I've only seen a couple of sticks of ram that are 4gb, and by the time they start making 8gb sticks, they'll probably only be for DDR3 ram. If you can find a good board that supports 16gb of ram, go for it.

The case seems pretty cool too, especially for the price.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 stupidkid37

stupidkid37
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:18 PM

thanks for the fast reply!!! anyway sure ill look for one with 16gigs, maybe ill get it for cheaper!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users