Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Networks Unavailable

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 joelp21

joelp21

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 09 August 2008 - 11:48 AM

I recently created a network using a D-Link Xtreme N Gigabit Router. My laptop has worked on the network just fine whether it was thru the wireless adapter or with a direct plug to the router. I also have two roomates that are using the router also. One of which we had to buy a new wireless adapter for his desktop because his old one went bad. Now my other friend was connected with his notebook until a day agao and it went down for no reason. Now when he tries to connect it says his "Wireless network Connection not connected & wireless networks unavailable." Ive reset the drivers, uninstalled the drivers. Reset the adapter. Checked my network to make sure he had access and ive even done a system restore much to my avail it did nothing. His wireless card is a broadcom 802.11g. Any help is quite appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dr_Manhattan

Dr_Manhattan

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 09 August 2008 - 12:53 PM

Hi,

Is your friend using an external wireless card or is the wireless card integrated? Try this quick fix and see if it helps, right click on the wireless icon on the bottom right of the screen and click on repair. Afterwards, try connecting to the network again and see if the wireless will work this time. Is your friend's computer able to ping any websites at all?

#3 joelp21

joelp21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 09 August 2008 - 01:45 PM

It is an integrated card. It says it cant comeplete the action cuz no network connection is found. Then it tells me again that No wireless connections are found.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users