Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Exploit.win32.sqlexp.s

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 akex

akex

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 09 August 2008 - 11:12 AM

Hello again all
My PC has been running superbly until last night. It boots up fine but as soon as my desktop appears, I get the following error messages;

Windows cannot find C:\Documents (click ok)
Could not run or load C:\ Documents specified in the registry (click ok)
Windows cannot find 'and'
Could not run or load 'and' specified in the registry

I did a virus scan using 'The Shield 2008' which is fully updated and it found the trojan 'Exploit.WIN32.SQLexe.s and it also found two adware items in my recovery partition.

I neutralised the threats and 'Shield' said that the system was clean. I booted up today and I am still getting the same messages. If you keep clicking ok and clear them, everything returns to normal. Another complete scan has revealed nothing, so i was wondering if any of you sage wizards out there could give me any pointers to fix this little problem.
I was surprised that this anti-virus programme let it slip through as it's supposed to be the dog's cahoona's and I must admit to being quite impressed with it up until now.

Thanks for any advice
Alex

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,288 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 09 August 2008 - 04:29 PM

Perform an Online Virus Scan like BitDefender.
(These require Internet Explorer to work. Watch the Address bar in IE. You may receive alerts that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then Click Install ActiveX component. If given the option, choose "Quarantine" instead of delete.)
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 akex

akex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:00 AM

Cheers Quietman
Kapersky's site (who designed my particulat anti-virus) couldn't dig anything out but I will try a couple of the other's and let you know if I get any joy.

Oh, another intresting development has just occurred. While I am getting these error messages, I'm now getting a warning that my anti-virus is turned off but when you clear the messages, the anti-virus behaves normally, as does the computer.

I'll have a dig around though and see what I can find.

Always appreciative.
Alex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users