Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

msn messenger error starting program

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 supersquaw

supersquaw

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 18 April 2005 - 04:32 PM

I get this window popping up when I try starting msn: error starting program. The IPHLPAPI.DLL file is linked to missing export NTDLL.DLL.Rtllpv6AddressToStringA.

I just got it after I ran avg and deleted some infected files. I'm not sure if the iphlpapi was one of them, but i got a window that said it was missing and replaced it in the win\system directory.
Take what you can, give back nothing

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 19 April 2005 - 09:23 PM

If it is not in the AVG vault (so that you could restore it), try uninstalling MSN messenger, and then installing the latest version which may replace the missing file.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users