Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video And Directx Drivers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 warreng

warreng

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 09 August 2008 - 04:23 AM

Gooday. I have wwtelescope installed, havn't used it for a few weeks, went to use it and it said install directx and video. (these had been working before). I looked in device manager and there were no display adapters, there was a yellow other devices and the video card is in there, the device manager says nothing installed and when I went to install driver, card is Nvidia gforce 11 mx200, it says driver installed. Also I can't install directx, it does everything and stops before finish. I hae acer pc , winxp, 768 ram. Any suggestions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 10 August 2008 - 12:53 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

I don't understand what you are saying or attempting to say...so pardon me if I ask questions that seem to already have been answered.

When you look in Device Manager...does it reflect a video card or chip? What is listed under Display Adapters? Is there any indication in Device Manager that this is not working properly?

Do you have problems changing your video resolution?

Is this onboard video?

What model Acer PC do you have?

What was the exact error message you received?

Did you uninstall this wwtelescope program...and see if the error message repeats?

http://www.worldwidetelescope.org/Experien...t.aspx?exp=true

From what you've provided thus far...I suspect that your system does not meet the minimum requirements for installing/running this software properly.

Louis

#3 warreng

warreng
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:37 PM

Gooday. When I look in divice maneger there is no listing of display adapters. Display adaptors is not there. The only thing that has video init is the yellow other devices with yellow video controller (vag comp) when I right click and go to prop it says driver not installed code 28, when I look in drivers it says none, in details it says PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_B2\4&D9AEDED5&0&008. when I install driver it comes up driver already installed.
I don't know what model it is , only sticker says ath 1300 266.
WhenI reinstall wwt it says install directX and video, when I download directx it says DXError.log and DIRECTX.log
Hpoe this makes sense.
Regards. Warren

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users