Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Loading Operating System

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 carle

carle

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 09 August 2008 - 12:52 AM

computer not new-computer was working I left for a few minutes and when I came back it had shut down and was trying to re-boot but only was showing error message. What I did from there: OK then: no discs in drives no usb's except the ones pugged in back of compute( ie;. mouse etc.) no power serge, running IExplorer, outlook. Run nomal boot, IDE CD Rom boot with dell window's CD. goes through set up i choose R for recovery console it comes up-- nothing happens have to exit.can only bring up the help menu.
fast boot on nothing, off nothing. IRQ available , Shows hard drive capacity and on auto. I've turned off auto and ran boot from CD drive same message.Have run system tree test every thing passes except System lock up tests... IDE disk read test : Error code 0F00:0244and 0F001A44 . Many uncorrectable data errors or media is write protected on this test. and IDE Disk verify test, many uncorrectable data errors or media is write protected on this test. Error code 0F00:0244and 0F001A44. Test windows blue screen: Same codes as above in tests--IDE confidence test--ICE disk Read Test--IDE Verify Test ( Messagne block 5935700 and message block 6988126).. Not related to this test I saw a code 5 somewhere along the line while re-booting Ready to throw in the towel. Can I take the hard drive out and put in and other computer and possibly save my files if nothing else works? Windows OneCare also did a backup to my other computer and i think moved the file MEDIAID File I can't open this file to see what is in it.. Is there any way to undo this move?

Edited by carle, 09 August 2008 - 01:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Adamsappleone

Adamsappleone

• Members
  • 152 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2008 - 02:32 AM

You could connect it to another PC as a slave drive, get all your important data from it and then reformat it and reinstall your OS.
Before you reinstall the OS, download to disc the Disc Utility for your particular Hard Drive, ie; Maxtor/Seagate, WD and run a
disc check to make sure your drive is still in good shape and if shows the disc is good, use the same utility to ZERO out the drive,
then format and reinstall

Multi-Boot, Vista Ultimate x64, Windows 7 x64 & Windows 8 Pro x64

Posted Image

#3 carle

carle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:03 PM

when using the drive as a slave could I run a system restore and restore that drive to an earlyer date?

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,411 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:54 PM

No.

I don't use SR, but I believe that in order for it to be activated, the boot drive on which it is installed...must be set up as the boot drive, not a secondary drive.

Once you attach it to another system as a secondary drive, the only System Restore function that will work would be the one for the system you've attached your boot drive to as a secondary drive.

I would suggest that you run chkdsk /r on your boot drive while it is attached to another drive...and then reinsert it to your system and see if your problems diminish.

I wouldn't format/reinstall until I had tried everything else logically possible that would be less drastic.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users