Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Windows 98se Is Super Slow

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:49 PM

My pimary ant-virus software is McAfee. My McAfee scan found no viruses. My hard drive is 13024MB with 460MB free. I have 128MB of RAM and I don't know how much RAM I am using.

I would suggest that you are in a situation whereby you do not have enough free space on your HDD, particularly for 98SE for it to run properly. You only have 460M free out of 13G?

Remove whatever is not needed on the HDD, you can burn it onto CDs if you have a Burner, or set up another HDD as a Slave and copy onto that? Then Defrag the HDD at least two times, better to do it several times, then Post back.

I think that will improve things a lot for you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users