Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Computer Will Not Start In Normal Mode!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 christian121

christian121

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 08 August 2008 - 04:25 PM

(Originally on Yahoo answers,but no one answered)
"I've noticed ever since yesterday that whenever I try to turn my computer on,the blue screen of death appears for a microsecond(idk really but feels like it) and then it goes up to this screen talking about how Windows has had a problem.It gives me 5 options.Restart Windows normally,restart with the last good configuration(or something like that,don't remember),Safe mode,Safe Mode with networking,and safe mode with command prompt.The first 2 options just start the whole process all over again for me,so I'm not gonna do them for obvious reasons.So minus that,The only one's that work are Safe Mode and Safe mode with networking(have no clue how to work with command prompt).And as you've all porobably guess from now,I'm writing this question from Safe Mode with networking.I did the usual virus scans with Avast,updated my spybot and ad aware and got a couple of viruses cleared,usual stuff.So I think I'm done right?WRONG.I restart and the problem is still there.Mini blue screen of death.As I fume after realizing 3 hours of my life were stolen from me,I remember...THIS HAPPENED BEFORE!!!A couple of months back this happend and a simple system restore fixed it all.Filled with self confidence I go to system restore.And oh **** guess what happens?For some reason I have no restore points AT ALL!!!I try to click on the back button for the past months but it just depresses without doing anything,I assume the worst;that there's nothing there.So I'm stuck.I know system restore will fix this,but I don't know whether I can get my restore points back(if they were ever taken at all).I'm out of new ideas and am now asking you guys for help,thanks."

Well after I posted that question,I was looking around in event viewer in computer management and I saw that whenever I tried to boot my computer up in normal mode,an error would happen.A very specific error.And it ALWAYS happens when I try to boot up normally.It says "The following bootstart or system-start drivers failed to load,"
Aavmaker 4
asw SP
Fips
Processor
prodrv04
prodrv06
SASDIFSV
SASKUTIL.
Any way this is related to my problem?If yes,then what is your solution.
Also I've noticed that I only have 1.5 GB left on my hard drive(serious) this may be a stupid question but....does that have anything to do with my system restore points being gone?
Answers are appreciated,guys. :thumbsup:

PS.Yes I have already used Hijack This on my system.Removed a couple of stuff but problem is still here :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:37 PM

Related post: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/lof...php/t76089.html

Louis

#3 Guest_BlackBurst_*

Guest_BlackBurst_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:16 PM

Try doing a repair install from the XP install CD.

#4 christian121

christian121
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:51 PM

Try doing a repair install from the XP install CD.

I don't have the CD :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users